i cannot using the build_native.py! (ver 3.0alpha1)

(I want your understood in my english skill because i dont speak english well…)
I want to creat mobile game so i downloaded sdk bundle, eclipse, ndk, cygwin, python, vs 2013… and installing these files following blog manual.
and i create project that using cmd console( python create_project.py ~~p “project”~~k “package” -l cpp)
when i running it in eclipse, it have error and it stopped running .
so i found reason in all conditions, but i cannot found it.(for example, my windows7 account is named korean language, so i format extra ssd and install windows7 and i create account english name - of course, i use new account name that named english, but several original account folder is still korean name and i didn’t know changing it, so install window7.)

but i found reason in build_native.py (maybe that is reason) because when i simulate cmd-python build_native.py it print “NDK_ROOT is not defined…”of course i set environment value ‘NDK_ROOT’ perfectly, and didn’t know why that is happened.
i found reason as much time as i can, but i found several small clue that i have to change print function or .bash.profile but i already delete 3.0 alpha1 and installing 3.0 alpha0(->i was so frustrated.)

3.0 alpha1 is very attracting me because it’s latest version and some of new updating things(>do not use CCblabla>blabla or do not need use cygwin…->build_native.py!)

but i was blocked by one thing that is build_native.py… please help me and other one whom is similar case of me.

I got this problem too. It’s because I wasn’t using the latest ndk release. do you use the latest ndk release? I’m using ndk r9b and it’s running build just fine.

It gives syntax error. Just delete print lines on the build_native.py. It works for me. (I’m using python3)

oh yea, I use python 2.7 :slight_smile:

Yes, it works after I remove all print lines. Thanks.

I have the same problem, after commenting out print lines it worked.

Windows 8.1 with python 3x, via cmd

Edit, the problem is because we are using python 3x, use python 2x and it should be fine.

In python 3, they replaced print “test” with print(“test”) so it causes a syntax error