How to implement Deep Linking with Cocos2dx?

I am trying to figure out how to use deep linking using cocox2dx (in c++) for iOS and Android.

Ideally a the user would click on a link which would open the app with a special parameter which someone gets passed into cocos2dx too so that i can check it do some specific stuff within my game.

I know that in iOS I have to modify the

-(BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:(NSDictionary *)launchOptions

And get the parameter directly from here and keep it somewhere (I am thinking the user defaults).

However I am very confused about where to handle the deep linking in android to pass it to Cocos2dx.

Thanks

We recently integrated Deep Linking in Android & IOS, from facebook invite in our game.

So for IOS you need to write little part of native code and for Android same, use Bolt(from facebook ) framework for easier parsing of urls.

There is part which will help you with android:

Modify Androidmanifest.xml

<activity android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden|screenSize" android:label="@string/app_name" android:name="org.cocos2dx.cpp.AppActivity" android:screenOrientation="portrait" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
            </intent-filter>
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                <data android:scheme="yourschemaname" />
            </intent-filter>

Modify this part <data android:scheme="yourschemaname" /> it will be your schema url on the web like yourschemaname://test?test=3453

Modify Appactivity:

@Override
    protected void onResume() {

Uri targetUrl =
                AppLinks.getTargetUrlFromInboundIntent(this, getIntent());
        if (targetUrl != null) {

// Log.i("ActivityMY", "App Link Target URL: " + targetUrl.toString());

Uri uri              = getIntent().getData();
            Uri parsedUri        = Uri.parse(uri.toString());
            String lidParamenter = parsedUri.getQueryParameter("test_id");

//Log.i("ActivityMY", "lidParamenter: " + lidParamenter);
            if (lidParamenter != null){
                if (lidParamenter.length() > 0){
                    SharedPreferences preferences = this.getSharedPreferences("Cocos2dxPrefsFile", Context.MODE_PRIVATE);
                    SharedPreferences.Editor editor = preferences.edit();
                    editor.putString("FB_app_link_test_id",lidParamenter);
                    editor.commit();
                    AppLinks.getAppLinkData(getIntent()).clear();
                }
            }

}
        else {
            // Not an applink, your existing code goes here.
        }

super.onResume();

// setImmersiveMode();

}

This part writes to NSDEFAULTS received parameters, just parse and write your needed parametrs, so you can access them from C++ code later on.

YOu can check how it works in game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funlab.loop

From Creative Lounge login to facebook -> create new level -> Invite friend. Friend will receive Link which will navigate him to download page or will open game with your level.

1 Like