How searching resource folder work in cocos2d-x?

If the goal is to create a universal app, and I separate resource into each different folders like “ipadhd”, “ipad”, “hd568”, and “sd”. In which I set the folder via CCFileUtils::sharedFileUtils()->setResourceDirectory() after checked the current running device is right and correspond to that folder.

The question is that the similar images resources are spread out into different folder but the case the system cannot find a specified image file then what will happen next ?
Will it fallback to search in root folder (which contains those different folders I mentioned) ? or Exhaustively search through all the folders ?

I took a look inside the code but it won’t give me the answer (maybe I looked into a wrong place, if you can point me to the right files involved, it would be great as well). I would like to know the mechanism to better understand the system and avoid unnecessary lagging.

It will find resources in Root folder if it can’t be found in the specified resource folder. :slight_smile:

Wasin Thonkaew wrote:
>

The question is that the similar images resources are spread out into different folder but the case the system cannot find a specified image file then what will happen next ?
Will it fallback to search in root folder (which contains those different folders I mentioned) ? or Exhaustively search through all the folders ?

Okay thanks!