Having trouble running EasyNDK android sample

I’m trying out the EasyNDK extension, to see if that’ll ease some of my upcoming integration work.

So far, I’ve checked out the EasyNDK to a folder at the same level as my (root) cocos2d-x, since I don’t want anything “polluting” my cocos2d-x folder. Thus, I’ve had to make some changes to the build_native.sh, but nothing rocket siencey, so I feel I’m on top of that.

Moreover, I’m using a newer NDK than aajiwani who’s written EasyNDK, but I’ve got that handled as well.

However, I’m getting to a point at which I can’t seem to recover. When running build_native.sh, I end up getting

[armeabi] Gdbserver      : [arm-linux-androideabi-4.8] libs/armeabi/gdbserver
[armeabi] Gdbsetup       : libs/armeabi/gdb.setup
[armeabi] Compile++ thumb: game_shared <= NDKHelper.cpp
[armeabi] Compile++ thumb: cocos_extension_static <= AssetsManager.cpp
make: *** No rule to make target `/Developer/Game_Dev/cocos2d-2.0-x-
2.0.3/EasyNDK/proj.android/../../extensions/CCBReader/CCBFileLoader.cpp', needed by 
`obj/local/armeabi/objs-debug/cocos_extension_static/CCBReader/CCBFileLoader.o'.  Stop.
make: Leaving directory `/Users/[MyUser]/[MyFolder]/Cocos2D/EasyNDK-for-cocos2dx/Sample_Android_Project/EasyNDK/proj.android'

I’m not really an expert on compiling for Android, so I don’t know what to do next. My first thought was to do a build from source (not using prebuilt externals), but build_native.sh -s gives me this:

Android NDK: /Users/[MyUser]/[MyFolder]/Cocos2D/EasyNDK-for-cocos2dx/Sample_Android_Project/EasyNDK/proj.android/../../../../
cocos2d-x/cocos2dx/Android.mk: Cannot find module with tag 'libjpeg' in import path    
Android NDK: Are you sure your NDK_MODULE_PATH variable is properly defined ?    
Android NDK: The following directories were searched:    
Android NDK:         
/Users/[MyUser]/[MyFolder]//Cocos2D/EasyNDK-for-cocos2dx/Sample_Android_Project/EasyNDK/proj.android
/../../../../cocos2d-x/cocos2dx/Android.mk:175: *** Android NDK: Aborting.    .  Stop.

I’m kinda stuck. Do anyone have some pointers as to what I can try next? Thanks! :slight_smile:

So I think I figured it out. First, I ran a clean build (using prebuilt externals), by modifying the last calls in build_native.sh to

else
    echo "Using prebuilt externals"
    "$NDK_ROOT"/ndk-build clean -C "$APP_ANDROID_ROOT" $* \
        "NDK_MODULE_PATH=${COCOS2DX_ROOT}:${COCOS2DX_ROOT}/cocos2dx/platform/third_party/android/prebuilt"
fi

Then changed it back (removing the clean keyword above), and ran a regular build. That was it. Hope this helps someone else out there. :slight_smile: