Glfw not initialized

Hey, I’m having a problem in Windows, but only on a Mac (so far). I’m building in Visual Studio 2013, and so using the 2013 redistributables (I had tried 2015, but long story, many problems). With 2015, it ran on his Mac, booted into Windows. But now, it won’t start.

I get the error “GLFWError #65537 Happen, the GLFW library is not initialized.” When I search for that, most say to try a new version of glfw, which I have, but no luck.

Again, I’m now building with VS 2013 and linking against the 2013 VC++ redist.

Any suggestions? I’m going to download the latest GLFW header and lib files and put them in the externals/glfw folder. It looks like you’re storing two glfw libs, one is named glfw3-2015, and the other is simply glfw. I have no way of knowing what the glfw is (whether it’s from 2010, 2012, or 2013).

1 Like

I’m running into the same problem now. If I make any glfw call after GLViewImpl has been created (so glfwInit() has been called), I still get the error message. The weird thing is that it does work if I edit the source of cocos2dx so that whenever I mess with glfw, it has to be within the cocos2dx source, it can’t be within my own project.

Here’s a gif of me trying to make a (useless) windowhint right after the window has been created. It’s unremarkable, but it shows that the GLFW init has happened successfully, and that its reporting (as far as I can tell, incorrectly) that it hasn’t happend: https://i.imgur.com/pxmCIvK.gif

A few lines later, in init_resolution, I use some custom edits to cocos to mess with the glfw’s video modes, which works too, so all in all I’m not sure what’s up.

Both cocos and my AppDelegate are running in the same process and same thread, if that’s relevant.