First Official Bay Area Cocos2d-x Developer Meetup

Cocos2d-x Developer Meetup
Date: Wednesday, May 06
Time: 6:30-9:00PM

Power Up, Game on. We’re calling all Cocos developers to join us for an evening of learning, helpful tips and networking with local game studios and enthusiasts. We’ll have informative talks throughout the evening from the Cocos engineering team as well as our development partners. We’ll also have our team floating around to answer questions and offer 1-on-1 help. We hope you’ll join us.

The evening kicks off with pizza, drinks and mingling with the Cocos community. We’ll also be presenting informative and helpful talks:

How to add 3D characters and effects to your Cocos2d-x game
During the past year we have been adding 3D features in Cocos2d-x. Now you have the option of creating 2D games with 3D animations (great for 2.5D games), or you can create complete 3D games. Our engineers will describe all the new 3D features, and how to use it in your games.

Make Your Cocos2d-x Game 64bit Compatible in 30 minutes
Apple requires all iOS apps uploaded to the App Store must include 64-bit support. In this hands on session, Cocos engineers will walk you through step-by-step how to make your game 64-bit compatible. A must attend session that will save you days or even weeks of trial and error.

A smooth ride of SDK integration: Introduction to Cocos SDKBOX initiative
Post Launch, successful mobile developers can spend over 40% of their engineering time integrating with 3rd Party SDKs. And while optimizing your revenue, user acquisition attribution ect. is great, that’s not why most of us got into game development. The Cocos SDKBOX initiative will address this pain point head on. At this event our engineers will demo how integrating a typical ad SDK become painless with this new product.

Unleash the Powers of Cocos and Windows: A Tutorial on Developing for Windows Phone with Cocos
You’ve heard about our contest rewarding $50k in prizes. Now we’re here to give pointers on making your game with a brief tutorial on developing Cocos2d-x games for the Windows platform. After the talk, we’ll offer one-on-one workshop assistance to developers entering the contest.

For More Info and to RSVP

1 Like

Will you post more about Cocos SDKBOX?

What do you want to know?

Will the event be recorded? That would be great!

Is this the thing you could not talk about until end of April? :smile:

I am not sure if the developer meetup will be recorded. I will ask.

Is it the end of April? :slight_smile:

Well, I’m used to put the clocks forward. How about 14 days? :wink:

Let’s just say that our users are going to get the things that they have been asking to have for a long time now :slight_smile: We care and we listen!

Since we are so great, we will record them! Tell everyone you know.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks! Will do.

I wish i can join the Cocos2d-x Developer Meetup, but I live far from San Francisco. I live in Viet Nam :smile:

Hope Cocos engineering team as well as our development partners have some document so i can read and following.

I am newbie in Cocos2d-x Developer, Have a lot of things i don’t know such as:

1. How to implement the leaderboard on Android and Windows Phone. It better if have any solution for just write C++ but can use for both Android and Windows Phone.
  2. How to implement invite facebook friends to play the game
  3. How to implement the code to allow the player to Rate game…

Current i have sơm problem i still can’t solve that.

I used the cocos2d-x v3.3. Hope i can get help to complete my game.

Please ask this in a new topic. This topic is for a specific discussion :slight_smile:

I’ve asked in a new topic but i still don’t get the full help so i post here hope i can get help.

Google hangout live on YouTube??? :smiling_imp:

That would be cool, but I don’t think we are prepared for it.

I will be recording though with our new handy dandy Sony. I’ll upload to YouTube.

Hi All,
I very much enjoyed the meet up last night, and learned a lot. Appreciate all the work you put into that. My questions : I was wondering if you could share the “last minute” demo of the creature creator tool that we saw. Who was the speaker and where can we find that tool?
Thanks.
-Art

I will be putting up those sessions on YouTube in the next few days.

Yes, the app is Creature

The author is Jiayi Chong

1 Like

oh… that is great news…