Didn't support 1.0.1-x-0.12.0 anymore?

When I touch cocos2d-x one month ago, there are several version I can choice…
I download “cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.12.0” and “cocos2d-2.0-rc2-x-2.0.1” (2.0.2 didn’t released yet)
after I try these two version, I choice the stable version “1.0.1-x-0.12.0” for my game.
After day and days transfer from cocos2d to cocos2d-x, Finally my game can work now,
the powerful of cocos2d-x let me porting my game on windows, iOS and android, I can just say you guys are incredible

But I meet a serial problem that I mention few times about fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) error on Android 4.0.3,
after few tests, I found out this bug has been fix in “2.0-x-2.0.2”,

Is it the only choice that I have to give up “1.0.1-x-0.12.0” ??
this version will not maintain and fix the fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) error ?

It’s terrible that if I had to convert again…@@~…Mr Zhang & Mr.Wang, Please give me a hand, please, Thank you

Woo~
I\ found\ the\ problem\ has\ been\ solved\ in\ “1.0.1-x-rc-0.13.0”\
and\ I\ only\ have\ to\ change\ the\ ccTouchesMoved\ and\ every\ thing\ is\ OK\ now\
YA~Ho

Aha, congratulations!
0.13 can support more android devices, about 20~25 android devices are still using Android 2.1 and below, which means THEY DON’T SUPPORT OPENGL ES 2.0.
But the benefit of moving to v2.x is very clear, with CocosBuilder support, bone animation support, javascript binding support, etc.

Walzer Wang wrote:

Aha, congratulations!
0.13 can support more android devices, about 20~25 android devices are still using Android 2.1 and below, which means THEY DON’T SUPPORT OPENGL ES 2.0.
But the benefit of moving to v2.x is very clear, with CocosBuilder support, bone animation support, javascript binding support, etc.

So…I see, Is there any list about the supported device or non-support device ? It will be very helpful for us.

Because my major target platform now is Android 2.2.1 with MIPS, moving to v2.X meaning I must ask my friend to help me for third_party’s android lib again (V2.0 has extra libtiff, libprofiler than v0.12),that will take time and may not so sure will success….
MIPS will be popular in some area like Smart-TV, If you can fully support MIPS, I think Cocos2D-X will be more powerful and useful for all app developers!

Another thing about v2.0, When I converted one of my project from 0.12 to 2.0.2, the FPS was down about 30~40, I am not so sure what mistake I make, When I really moving all my project to v2.0, I will check again.

Anyway, you guys are so great! hope cocos2d-X can support window phone 8 soon!

We have a plan of migrating 0.13 to the same API as v2.0.2, but only the API set, no new features will be involved.

Walzer Wang wrote:

We have a plan of migrating 0.13 to the same API as v2.0.2, but only the API set, no new features will be involved.

That will be a good news!
when I convert my project to v2.0.2, I found there are more easy for coding because a lots of methods become ::create(), It is a small but useful change.

Another thing, I use cocos2d and cocos2d-android-1 before, one critical different with these engines is cocos2d-x is not thread safe, I am not so familiar about BSD C (I am a old man using VC & DirectX more than 10 years), Is it possible cocos2d-x add ccThread or even ccSocket (Ha…I think am too greedy), If it really happen, Cocos2d-X will be Invincible engine on the earth. (Ha~again)

I Google for a long time to search sample about socket and thread working on cocos2d-x, But can’t find helpful message until now, My code just work fine on Android but holding on iOS now, I am not so sure what’s happen,…What a shame (@@~)

Walzer Wang wrote:

That would be great!

The better news is that, we successfully migrated OpenGL ES 1.1 rendering in to cocos2d-x 2.0.3. Now we’re testing our game based on it. The next step is to merge dx11 rendering for wp8.
About the threading, well, it’s tricky. You can refer to extensions/network as a sample to write your socket process. The source of using HttpClient is in samples/TestCpp/Classes/ExtensionTest/NetworkTest