Convert ios project to android

Hi everyone,

i am searching for a way to get my cocos2dx project (3.13.1) which i built for ios in xcode running in android… i already tested some things in android studio and eclipse but i cant find a way which works to get my project running. What is a possible way to get my project running, using “cocos compile - p android” cant work, because it can not know what it should do with my files…??

u should modify Android,mk file inside android project JNI folder to specify there which files to compile:) good luck

1 Like

@Jarar_Works i think you created the project using cocos new right? If so, then you should modify PROJECT_ROOT/proj.android/jni/Android.mk to add source files. You can refertests project settings about how to add source files.

1 Like

ahh i can remeber that i did the same thing a couple years ago, i am just compiling everything with “cocos compile”, is this the right way to do? Should i try to get everything running in eclipse? (there is no more eclipse android thing, there is only android studio anymore am i right??) what is the best way to test my project ? i could try to compile for android studio and try to test it there, but isnt there a better (more direct) way to test for android?

thank you very much

testing works perfectly on my android device with “cocos run”

thanks

better use Android studio project part, until u add any integrations - process of adding files and managing it is exactly the same like for Eclipse. Android studio is much easier to manage dependencies and do cool stuff in gradle scripting if needed:)

1 Like