Cocos2d-x v3.9 released!

API Docs have been updated: http://www.cocos2d-x.org/reference/native-cpp/V3.9/index.html

2 Likes

Congratulations! Thank you!!
v3.9 Added this issue?
I want to use this with Texture Packer.

2 Likes

COCOS2D_VERSION is still 0x00030800.

I have updated Cocos2d-x v3.9 and created new project, bellow error become. Please check it. When I try do it with Cocos2d-x v3.8.1, it is ok. Sorry for my English
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Volumes/…/setup/cocos/cocos2d-x-sources/tools/cocos2d-console/bin/cocos.py”, line 22, in
import cocos_project
File “/Volumes/…/setup/cocos/cocos2d-x-sources/tools/cocos2d-console/bin/cocos_project.py”, line 4, in
import cocos
File “/Volumes/…/setup/cocos/cocos2d-x-sources/tools/cocos2d-console/bin/cocos.py”, line 874, in
language, encoding = locale.getlocale()
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/locale.py”, line 562, in getlocale
return _parse_localename(localename)
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/locale.py”, line 475, in _parse_localename
raise ValueError, ‘unknown locale: %s’ % localename
ValueError: unknown locale: UTF-8

4 Likes

@slackmoehrle

Do you know when the framework mode will be released on Cocos Store?

I think the pull request should be this

Thank you.

Run this commands in terminal:

export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
source ~/.bash_profile

I found this on StackOverflow. There are for mac, I had the same problem, I don’t know whether it runs on windows too. I have also updated python to 3.5. I don’t know if this was the problem.

9 Likes

@slackmoehrle Missing git tags, late API Docs update, COCOS2D_VERSION still on 0x00030800 , … maybe it’s time for a fully automated release process? :smile:

hey,

Great update!
can we please get support for tvOS in the next version.

Thanks

3 Likes

I’m interested in this too.

GJ with the new version!

Congrats on the release! Will give it the run around and test it out. Thanks to all of the contributors!

Can I download it from Cocos Store? Anyway I’m getting an error on “Cocos” for several hours:
“Network connection failed. Please check Local Area Connection settings.”. I even can log in, but can’t see or download anything from store, because of this strange error.

It work great! Thank you very much

1 Like

Please update spidermonkey for js!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

It is there, I just downloaded it…

Thanks. I will report this.

The Git tagging has been fixed. I will report the version numbering error.

Yes, I get network errors too sometimes for a while. It should be available now.

Is the libcurl fix related to the srand linker errors with Android when you set the target version to android-21?

Please update spidermonkey for js!