Cocos2d-x v3.9 released!

hey,

Great update!
can we please get support for tvOS in the next version.

Thanks

3 Likes

I’m interested in this too.

GJ with the new version!

Congrats on the release! Will give it the run around and test it out. Thanks to all of the contributors!

Can I download it from Cocos Store? Anyway I’m getting an error on “Cocos” for several hours:
“Network connection failed. Please check Local Area Connection settings.”. I even can log in, but can’t see or download anything from store, because of this strange error.

It work great! Thank you very much

1 Like

Please update spidermonkey for js!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

It is there, I just downloaded it…

Thanks. I will report this.

The Git tagging has been fixed. I will report the version numbering error.

Yes, I get network errors too sometimes for a while. It should be available now.

Is the libcurl fix related to the srand linker errors with Android when you set the target version to android-21?

Please update spidermonkey for js!

Stupid question (that probably is unrelated to today’s update): What version of Chipmunk is included with Cocos2d-JS? Is it the same as the C++ version? If not, how does that impact the JSB bindings when compiling native apps from JS code?

Also, it doesn’t look like the API docs have been updated for Cocos2d-JS 3.9 (still showing 3.8). Is that coming soon?

Thanks for the great work – these updates keep coming faster and faster!

Hi ! I upgraded my cocos project to 3.9 version recently, but I found a problem in using EditBox at windows platform.
All inputs are convert to uppercase!!
I checked up the source code and found that in windows platform, new codes was added in UIEditBoxImpl-win32.cpp at line 461 to translate the inputs to uppercase.Why?

code as follow:(the comments says to convert all inputs to lowercase, but actually it convert into uppercase )
461 case cocos2d::ui::EditBox::InputFlag::INITIAL_CAPS_ALL_CHARACTERS:
462 // Converts all characters to lowercase as they are typed into the edit control.
463 // Please refer to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb775464(v=vs.85).aspx
464 ::SetWindowLongW(hwndEdit1, GWL_STYLE, ::GetWindowLongW(hwndEdit1, GWL_STYLE) | ES_UPPERCASE);
465 ::SetWindowLongW(hwndEdit2, GWL_STYLE, ::GetWindowLongW(hwndEdit2, GWL_STYLE) | ES_UPPERCASE);
466 break;

Very excited to try this out. Having some trouble with getting a blank project to work in Eclipse Mars but I’ll start a new thread for that as soon as my account is auto-approved. :smile:

Please let me know How to install cocos2dx v3.9 on ubuntu 12.04 ???

We have a Programmers Guide and your answer is here

What for in LIBS folder for android under cocos core located file "android-async-http-1.4.8.jar?

will 3.10 have newest spidermonkey?