Cocos2d-x v3.6 Released

compiler and linker may be faster, but vs2015 ide not

Is anyone else having an issue with the threads still running after you tell cocos to close the debugging thread in VS2013? As soon as I quit my app in 3.4, VS would no longer be debugging, but now itā€™s debugging for a good 3 seconds after I close my app.

To confirm, I started a new cpp project and ran that one, and still experienced the same issue. Pausing the process after Iā€™ve closed the app, it looks like itā€™s doing a lot of cleanup.

Basically, closing my app has Visual Studio 2013 doing some stuff for a few seconds after I close my app, while before the process used to immediately end.

Is anyone else having this issue?

YES. :frowning:

Itā€™s pretty rough, if you figure out a solution, please let me know. Iā€™ve tried a few things in the VS options, but I donā€™t think it helps at all.

there are no built-in method to check polygon collision yet, but it is a cool feature to consider

1 Like

Of course! VS2015 is still in preview version, not mature enough. I think many developers are using vs2013 community edition.

@walzer
thanks , you need to update the site startup page to version 3.6

Is the Direct-x based rendered for Windows Phone still expected for cocos2d-x v4.0?

wow, I forgot this! Thanks for reminding me. And I think Peterā€™s blog post about 3D game Food of Gods should be on the start page too.

Yes, Justin is still working on this. But the priority is Metal > OpenGL ES 3.0 > DirectX, according to the different market share of platforms.

I still get error on Box2D.
I have changed it into

CC_ENABLE_BOX2D_INTEGRATION=1

to two projects: cpptests for windows phone and libcocos2d for windows phone

hi. thank you for updating.

I updated cocos2dx version from 3.3 to 3.6.
but, i canā€™t load cocos studioā€™s csb files anymore.
there are all csb and resource files in search path.

cocos2dx 3.3 -> cocos studio 2.0.5
cocos2dx 3.6 -> cocos studio 2.2.6
is it right?

here is my assertion log.
Assert failed: The reader build id of your Cocos exported file() and the reader build id in your Cocos2d-x(2.1.0.0) are not match.
Please get the correct reader(build id )from http://www.cocos2d-x.org/filedown/cocos-reader and replace it in your Cocos2d-x
Assertion failed!

Program: ā€¦ient\Tactics\proj.win32\Debug.win32\libcocos2d.dll
File: ā€¦\editor-support\cocostudio\ActionTimeline\CSLoader.cpp
Line: 856

Expression: strcmp(_csBuildID.c_str(), csBuildId->c_str()) == 0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

thank you in advance.

WP8 removed! sad face :cry:

Hi,
I downloaded the V3.6, and found some problems.
(My older version is V3.2)
I had some trouble trying to find changes for V3.6.

For example,

• Some paticle system is different from V3.2ā€¦
  • Graphic issue of CCDrawLineā€¦ (Unintended resultā€¦)
  • etc.

I could not find the cause for some of the problems.
Perhaps, I think that must use the older version.
unless resolvedā€¦ :slight_smile:

good, one framwork

hello! I would like to know if v3.6 has support of experimental::AudioEngine for Linux platform? if not, it is expected in the near future? thank you!

Hi, I just noticed these lines in changelog for v3.7

[NEW] console: support build & run Android Studio project
[NEW] C++: added Android Studio support

Thank you for these.
Could you please explain what is the difference between them?

I would very much like to regain the support of Blackberry 10. For this reason Iā€™m still using cocos2d-x v2.2.6. Are there plans to support Blackberry 10?

Hi
Thank you guys!
A question: why 3.7 is not released yet ? It took long time from 3.6. there are problems in releasing ?

Is there any viable market for Blackberry?
Just curious though.

I myself use a Blackberry Z10, so I want to play his games on his phone. I think the market for Blackberry devices is comparable to the market of microsoft.