Cocos2d-JS v3.0 RC2 Released!

Hi all,

We are happy to announce that Cocos2d-JS v3.0 RC2 is now available for downloading:

Download

Highlights

• We announced Facebook SDK for Cocos2d-JS alpha version which is a full featured Facebook SDK and have similar APIs with Facebook Javascript SDK, it supports iOS, Android, Web with the same Javascript level APIs.
  • Greatly improved performance and stability of ccui widgets, it have been totally refactored in RC0 but it was not so stable and have some compatibility issues, now we fixed all reported bugs in RC2.
  • Upgraded armature animation reader and editor readers to support Cocos Studio v1.2 to v1.5.0.1.
  • Supported Javascript to Objective-C reflection which permit javascript code to invoke directly Objective-C class static functions.
  • Supported remote image loading in JSB so that developers can load online images to a local texture with cc.loader and cc.textureCache.

More information

Read more about all the features and bug fixes

New documents

About Cocos2d family

• Cocos2d-JS v3.0 RC2 uses Cocos2d-x 3.2 final as base of JSB solution
  • Cocos2d-JS v3.0 RC2 is compatible with Cocos Code IDE v1.0.0 RC1
  • Cocos2d-JS v3.0 RC2 is compatible with Cocos Studio v1.2 - v1.5.0.1

Notice

If you met any problems, please ask for help from the community :

For JSB build, there are some restrictions :

• [Android build] NDK version must be between r9b - r9d
  • [iOS build] Xcode version must be 5.1 or 5.1.1

We would appreciate if you can test this version and report any possible issues.

Just a little more patience, we are getting closer and closer to the final release! Thank you all!

2 Likes

Great news.
Downloadable API Reference1
download link is broken.

Thanks, it’s fixed

Alright!

I’ll let you know if I find anything broken! :smiley:

BTW: note that, while cc.pool is linked in the bottom, you don’t metion it in highlights, don’t you think it’s important enough?! :wink:

1 Like

:smiley: I don’t mean that, it’s only because objects pool was added in RC0, but its doc was just finished
Look, we did mentioned it in the highlights of RC0: http://www.cocos2d-x.org/docs/manual/framework/html5/release-notes/v3.0rc0/release-note/en

Hahaha, that’s allright, I’m jsut kdding :stuck_out_tongue:

'tho yeah, I hadn’t noticed we already had that implemented and now you added the docs!