COCOS STUDIO Keeps crashing upon creating new CSD files

I have Cocos Studio version 2.3.2 (with cocos2d-x 3.8.1 ) installed on a Windows 8.1 x64 platform. I have noticed that whenever I attempt to create a new CSD file, Cocos Studio simply crashes.

Has anyone experienced that? And is there any workarounds to this frustrating issue?

When I attempt to debug cocosstudio.exe with Visual Studio, this is the exception that is shown:

System.AccessViolationException was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in CocoStudio.Model.dll
Additional information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I have also noted that after the crash, when I reopen the project, the file will have been created.

Try to run as the administrator, and do not create the file in a directory with permission.

@Lexie It still crashes. In fact, it is becoming impossible for me to use Cocos Studio.

2 Likes

I’m using a mac and it just freezes all the time it’s really annoying I guess I will have to create layouts the old way :frowning: