Cocos Helper - Add Chartboost, AdMob, Google Play etc easily With Video Tutorials With Free Skype Assistance

In the case of physics Chipmunk was a bad choice.
Box2D is the industry standard. It has been extended by Google to a LiquidFun library.
Cocos2d-x suffers cos of Chimpmunk.

Why?

That might be the case with 2D, but in 3D Bullet is the number one choice.

Why?

Chipmunk is more performant than Box2D in different areas and the other way round. Box2D has a limited domain/space, where Chipmunk is unlimited. Both have different features, mappings and algorithms.
It totally depends on your game.

1 Like

Chipmunk is more performant than Box2D in different areas and the other way round.
Box2D has a limited domain/space, where Chipmunk is unlimited. Both have different features, mappings and algorithms.
It totally depends on your game.

Well I will not deny this.
Ricardo will not be happy!

Hey, that “jump” thing really works :wink:
I totally agree with all of what you wrote.

Well, a community is not really here to make others happy, just by blindly agreeing to someones impressions/thoughts or the like. In the end it’s all just personal taste or an opinion on something, as long as it cannot be proven as a fact. Everyone is free to agree to disagree :smile:

I think constructive criticism will always make him very happy, as long as it’s underpinned by arguments.

Not to hijack the thread more, but might I suggest also not posting ads for SDKBox for each new release on Cocos Helper and restricting in forum SDKBox advertisement to SDKBox specific or comparison threads? I think both of you are doing good work, but to me that feels kind of like trying to take over/kill Cocos Helper (or at least the thread), which is kind of against the open source “idea”.

I would also be interested in learning about the different helpers/SDK solutions for Cocos2d-x and the pros and cons. As far as I can tell we have Plugin-X, SDKBox, Sonar Cocos Helper, and Fenix (I think that’s its name). That said, we can discuss what the different solutions have and do not have elsewhere.

3 Likes

Can you please provide a link to that “Fenix”? Never heard of it.
There is also a 5th contender: The REST version of the specific SDK(at least some of them provide one).

Absolutely.

Is it just me or was there some war declared on helper frameworks?

No, Just SDKBox.

No, just because there isn’t a Youtube tutorial for Mopub :wink:

Check this out for taking a screenshot http://www.cocos2d-x.org/wiki/Take_a_Screenshot

We will be making a video soon

2 Likes

Cocos2d-JS is close to completion :smiley: with the full list of plugins available from day 1 :smiley:

Hopefully next week Cocos2d-JS version should launch and we will create videos for it as well

Right you are, it was created by a community member but that doesn’t mean we won’t create a tutorial, we will do some tutorial on MoPub very soon.

Ok thank you.
And just one (or two) question:
Do you know if it will work if I change the mopub-android-base-sdk.zip to this one mopub-android-full-sdk.zip ? Because I would like to integrate Third Party Ad Networks thanks to Mopub.

And do you know if Cocos Helper can support the different java files they are talking about in integrate Third Party Ad Networks ? :blush:

The Full SDK should work.

Regarding the Third Party networks should be ok if you integrate them properly but we support many of those frameworks already in the Cocos Helper with more on the way.

OK.
Yes I know you support a lot of them, but for the moment I think (correct me if I’m wrong) that you don’t give tools to make mediation between those framework. So I hope this will allow me to use Mopub as a mediator with your different frameworks.

We don’t provide mediation ATM but we will be developing an online mediation platform for the helper.

We are offering free one on one help for users to use and integrate the Cocos Helper into their projects, message us if you are interested.

Here is the video tutorial for taking a screenshot in Cocos2d-x C++ http://bit.ly/1d3RI4K

1 Like

Here is the iOS video tutorial for MoPub http://bit.ly/1Bwm060

Android version coming soon :smiley:

@SonarSystems

Does the Sonar Cocos Helper framework help in implementing In-App Purchases?