Can't find the binary "TestCpp.exe", is there build error?

The message occurs when I run build-win32.bat in cocos2d-2.0-x-2.0.3

You probably are not still watching this thread but I had the same issue and I fixed it doing the following:

Opening the cocos2d-win32.vs2012 file inside of visual studio 2012 (the version I am using)
After I opened it VS gave me a list of issues including asking me if I wanted to update the files. I said yes and waited. After that I was able to do a DEBUG on one of the test files. I closed VS and then ran the build-win32.bat again with no problems.

@Matthew Elkins

Thank you for your sharing.

Hi guys,

I tried to do what Matthew did but both MS VS2010 and VS2012 dindt ask for updates. Tried it a few times but don’t know what to do now…
Your Help would be appreciated.

Michiel

M Nelissen wrote:

Hi guys,
>
I tried to do what Matthew did but both MS VS2010 and VS2012 dindt ask for updates. Tried it a few times but don’t know what to do now…
Your Help would be appreciated.
>
Michiel

It doesn’t matter,you can only open “cocos2d-win32.vc2010.sln” or other version ,and what you should do is “Build->Rebuild all”…
what’s more, you can add you project on this test files.
Good luck.

That worked for me! thank you!
But now im stuck on the next step… When I try to run the HelloCCP.exe or the TestCPP.exe I get the following errors:
‘’Get data from file(CloseNormal.png) failed’‘and’‘Get data from file(CloseSelected.png) failed’‘and’‘Get data from file(HelloWorld.png) failed’’
Don’t know what to do now so again your help would be appreciated!

M Nelissen wrote:

That worked for me! thank you!
But now im stuck on the next step… When I try to run the HelloCCP.exe or the TestCPP.exe I get the following errors:
‘’Get data from file(CloseNormal.png) failed’‘and’‘Get data from file(CloseSelected.png) failed’‘and’‘Get data from file(HelloWorld.png) failed’’
Don’t know what to do now so again your help would be appreciated!

Something wrong with your resource,first you can delete “(CloseNormal.png),(CloseSelected.png),(HelloWorld.png)”
from your solution list,and than add this three images from right path to your solution like this
“X:2d-2.0-x-2.0.4\cocos2d-2.0-x-2.0.4\samples\HelloCpp\Resources\ipad”.
Good luck.

thank you very much! you’re really helping me out!

Here i am again with another question…
I ran the install-templates-msvc.bat and i thought it installed but when I try to create a project in vs2010 the cocos2d-x template isnt there…
What to do?

Michiel

M Nelissen wrote:

I ran the install-templates-msvc.bat and i thought it installed but when I try to create a project in vs2010 the cocos2d-x template isnt there…
What to do?
>
Michiel

Hi~

I am sorry, I have no idea about “*.bat”, May be you should run this as administrator…or you can create a empty project in test example…
Of course,create a new solution and add include folder,add link lib,it’s work…

M Nelissen wrote:

What to do?
>
Michiel

Hi~
Have you solved this problem? You can try double click the *.bat file, not right click your mouse run this as admin… O.M.G
How strange about this…:slight_smile:

tom tom wrote:

M Nelissen wrote:
> That worked for me! thank you!
> But now im stuck on the next step… When I try to run the HelloCCP.exe or the TestCPP.exe I get the following errors:
> ‘’Get data from file(CloseNormal.png) failed’‘and’‘Get data from file(CloseSelected.png) failed’‘and’‘Get data from file(HelloWorld.png) failed’’
> Don’t know what to do now so again your help would be appreciated!
>
Something wrong with your resource,first you can delete “(CloseNormal.png),(CloseSelected.png),(HelloWorld.png)”
from your solution list,and than add this three images from right path to your solution like this
“X:cocos2d-2.0-x-2.0.4cocos2d-2.0-x-2.0.4samplesHelloCppResourcesipad”.
Good luck.

I have same problem as like and your idea does not work . can u help me??? I am really pissed off

Please help! I’m having a similar problem. I’m using Windows 8 btw. I downloaded Cocos2d-x, put it in a folder called C:2dx and then try to run build-win32.bat. A window pops up and then I get the warning: “Can’t find the binary”TestCpp.exe“, is there build error?”

So I put that into Google and stumbled upon this thread. So I opened “cocos2d-win32.vc2010.sln” in Visual Studio Express and clicked Build + Build Solution. It does that for about 5 minutes then gives me a list of warning and errors. I then click on Debug + Start Debugging and right away I get a warning, “Unable to start program ‘C:2dx\Debug.win32\libBox2d.lib.’” I hit ok and nothing else happens. The file exists (libBox2d.lib is where it supposed to be) so I don’t know what the deal is. Everything I try to do and it won’t start debugging, which is apparently the way to get win32.bat to work.

I’ve tried with “cocos2d-win32.vc2010.sln” and “cocos2d-win32.vc2012.sln” (not sure the difference). I re-downloaded cocos2d-x and tried again but I always get the “Can’t find the binary” warning when I try to run win32.bat.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Hi guys, I’m having this same problem when I run the build-win32.bat

_/*
* Check VC*+ environment…
/
>
/

* Building cocos2d-x library binary, please wait a while…
/
>
The system cannot find the path specified.
‘msbuild’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
/

* Check the cocos2d-win32 application “TestCpp.exe” …
/
>
The system cannot find the path specified.
/

* Run cocos2d-win32 tests.exe and view Cocos2d-x Application Wizard for Visual
Studio User Guide.
*/
>
File not found - Resources
0 File copied
0 File copied
0 File copied
0 File copied
0 File copied
File not found - js
0 File copied
File not found - tests
0 File copied
File not found - MoonWarriors
0 File copied
File not found - WatermelonWithMe
0 File copied
File not found - Published files iOS
0 File copied
Can’t find the binary “TestCpp.exe”, is there build error?
Press any key to continue . . ._
I’m using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate on a Windows 8 Machine. I have updated my graphics card drivers. I have tried to build the .sln and still get errors.
Before this I tried to install it on my tablet with VS 2010 C*+ Express, but Cocos2D-X doesn’t work with Express any more, it failed to install the templates.

It seems like no matter what I do, it results in an error/problem, I’d really appreciate some help.

I know build-win32.bat is deprecated, and shouldn’t be used anymore (it’s been stated on forums by devs). Use: http://www.cocos2d-x.org/projects/cocos2d-x/wiki/How_to_create_a_multi-platform_project_in_one_command_line to create new projects instead.

I don’t know anything about windows 8, but I can tell you that with windows 7 I was able to build successfully with VS 2012 Express.

I had a same problem,I am getting “Error in parsing project solution file” on running build-win32 Windows Application file , I am newbie. I am attaching the build result of Visual Studio 2010 Express edition. My Environment is Win 7 .

I figure it out myself, I was using Visual Studio 2010 Express and COcos 2dx 2.1.4 before, but now when I switched to Cocos 2dx rc0 2.1.3 and Visual studio 2012 Ultimate. It worked with me.

Regards,
Dushyant :slight_smile: