Cant build solution cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.10.0

Hi Guys I succesfuly compiled cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.10.0 via wizzard in vs2010ee without errors. I did everithing which is wrote in wiki manal: http://www.cocos2d-x.org/projects/cocos2d-x/wiki/Cocos2d-x_Application_Wizard_for_Visual_Studio_User_Guide
I did new project from template for win32 but when i press build solution i get error LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘libcocos2d.lib’. It only start work when i copy all lib files in there and then after i build solution i need aslo copy all dll files inside Debug.win32 directory of my project.

So my question is where i have a problem. Everithing i have setuped from the manual but still i need do some manual steps to do it works. Do you have some ideas, how to make it works automaticaly?

Thank a lot
LX

I have the same problem, i am telling you if i find out the solution!

Right click your new project and “Set as startup project”.

My error was far more “stupid”. I was creating a new solution on VC++ 2010 that was based on the coco2dx template, was located on the cocos2dx folder but didn’t had the classes builded in it.

Basically the new projects have to be created on the “Cocos2dx HelloWorld” solution.

Thanks anyway.

L X wrote:

Hi Guys I succesfuly compiled cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.10.0 via wizzard in vs2010ee without errors. I did everithing which is wrote in wiki manal: http://www.cocos2d-x.org/projects/cocos2d-x/wiki/Cocos2d-x_Application_Wizard_for_Visual_Studio_User_Guide
I did new project from template for win32 but when i press build solution i get error LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘libcocos2d.lib’. It only start work when i copy all lib files in there and then after i build solution i need aslo copy all dll files inside Debug.win32 directory of my project.
>
So my question is where i have a problem. Everithing i have setuped from the manual but still i need do some manual steps to do it works. Do you have some ideas, how to make it works automaticaly?
>
Thank a lot
LX

I’m using MSVSC++2010 and the 2.0 RC version of cocos2d-x and the template on win32 still requires path tweaking in the project settings. The “automatic” solution, would involve changing the template and contributing the source changes.

The manual fix for me is ( given my root install path of C:2d-2.0-rc2-x-2.0.1 ),

For “Additional Include Directories” [<- General <- C/C++ <- Configurations Properties], change the … portions to C:2d-2.0-rc2-x-2.0.1\cocos2dx or as obviously appropriate.

For “Additional Library Directories” [<- General <- Linker <- Configuration Properties], add C:2d-2.0-rc2-x-2.0.1\$(Configuration).$(Platform)

For “Environment” [<- Debugging <- Configuration Properties], add PATH=C:2d-2.0-rc2-x-2.0.1\$(Configuration).$(Platform);PATH

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c02as0cs.aspx

Note if you don’t prepend to the environment as above, a different zlib1.dll may be found first and cause an api mismatch problem.

Update: In the current repository branch gles20, the “…” portions are “$(SolutionDir)”. I’m working from C:2d-x now.

got same problem on cocos2d-2.0-x-2.0.4 and VS 2012

the same problem.

the same problem.