Cannot compile project version 3.11.1 ubuntu 16.04

This is what exactly I did:

Create Project from console (AnimalMatch)
cd to AnimalMatch
mkdir linux-build
cd linux-build
cmake ..
make

And after a long time compiling, the compiler show an error on Terminal relative to CCPhysicsBody.cpp. Then I trying compile project through cocos command:

cd ..
cocos compile -p linux

They was successful compiled, but show this:

I’m using ubuntu version 16.04 LTS 32bit, Cocos2d-x version 3.11.1, just modified some files which cause isnan error
I have installed chipmunk by:

sudo apt-get install chipmunk-dev

Does it cause these errors ?

I just tested this environment out but on 64-bit.

Thanks for replied !
But the error shown up is about Physics extension right ?

I’m using Ubuntu 32 bit, which I cant find the chipmunk prebuilt folder ( there is only for 64-bit), I have to self-installing by “sudo apt-get install chipmunk-dev” to make cmake run properly

As showing picture, all of libraries are built, just linking section error. I don’t know how can it be. Do I need to install 64-bit version ?

did you run install-linux-deps.sh?

EDIT: corrected file name.

Do you mean install-linux-deps.sh ? It ran successfully

I updated my reply. Thank you for pointing out my typo.

I can download a 32-bit version of 16.04 and try, but this will take me a while to get down.

so, I am fine on 16.04 32-bit and 16.04 64-bit using the latest from GitHub.

Did you install anythings else ?
I though it was because of 32-bit ubuntu so I reinstall with 64-bit one. Get a little lag but it works fine
By the way, thanks for your supporting very much

I didn’t install anything else, really.

git
install-linux-deps.sh
created a few symlinks for fmod.

@lyvinhloi_cntt did you fixed it ? i’m having same problem can you help me

I tried to run cocos2d new project on ubuntu vm on windows 10.
On ubuntu 16.04 amd64, all cocos versions are working.
While ubuntu 16.04 i386, got same compile error for each cocos version.
This is screen shot.

My commands on terminal are following ( same on both ubuntu amd64 and i386);
sudo apt-get install libglew*-dev libfreetype6-dev libtiff-dev libsqlite3-dev libfontconfig1-dev libgtk-3-dev libwebp-dev libjpeg-dev libtiff5-dev libwebsockets-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev chipmunk-dev mesa-vulkan-drivers

download & unzip cocos2d-x-3.15.1
cd cocos2d-x-3.15.1
./download-deps.py
cd build
./install-deps-linux.sh
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
cd …
python setup.py
source /home/terry(user name)/.bashrc
cd …
create project
cd Project
cocos compile -p linux

I guess some bodies know about this. Please help me. Thanks.

We have newer docs that you should use. Please use the latest docs and let me know how you make out. What is your OpenGL version? Is the video driver in the VM using an OpenGL driver?

Thanks for the reply. Sorry but I don’t understand you well. These steps works on ubuntu 64 bit and runs cocos2d project ok. Which doc you mean? Have you tried on ubuntu 32 bit?
You mean newer doc is http://cocos2d-x.org/docs/cocos2d-x/en/installation/Linux.html ?

Yes. That doc is correct. We don’t test with mesa drivers. I haven’t tested on 32-bit in a while.

You said you tested on 32bit.

slackmoehrleCommunity EvangelistJun '16
so, I am fine on 16.04 32-bit and 16.04 64-bit using the latest from GitHub."

Another problem from the doc is:
cd cocos2d-x-root #where your cocos2d-x directory is located.
cd build
mkdir linux-build
cd linux-build
cmake …/…

when run cmake …/… there’s error - SPIDERMONKEY_LIBRARY: SPIDERMONKEY_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND. How can i fix this?

What version of cocos2d-x are you using?

If I said that in June 2016 it was probably 3.11.1 and Ubuntu 16.04 with gcc 4.9 or 4.8.

Would you like to check by teamviewer?
3.11.1 is same, i also tested it yesterday. I think all versions are same on ubuntu 32bit

Why are you posting in a 3.11.1 thread then? You aren’t using the same criteria as the thread to ask your questions.

We haven’t tested on 32-bit in the last few releases. I’d suggest either going back to 3.11.1 if you want to use 32-bit or switch to 64-bit and use 3.16. It is possible 3.12 or 3.13 could work too.

3.11.1 is same, i also tested it yesterday. I think all versions got same problem on ubuntu 32bit. Can you help me by teamviewer?

I’d suggest starting a new thread. Outline your commands and show some screenshots. Ensure gcc version, python version, etc. Ensure your VM is using an OpenGL video driver. We don’t test using mesa-drivers.