Black screen on Android 5 Lollipop

I just released my game using Cocos2d-x 3.2 and NDK r9d and I am getting a black screen on Android 5.0+. I did some searching around and found that others have been experiencing the same issue:

So, I updated my game to use Cocos2d-x 3.4 and NDK r10c…and I am still experiencing the black screen! When I comment out my code to start music everything works fine. Has this issue not been resolved yet? Am I really going to just have to disable the music on Android 5+? According to the changelog this issues was fixed as of Cocos2d-x 3.3-rc1.

Thanks for any info!

I noticed this patch, which is supposed to fix the issue.
https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/pull/9088/files
This has been incorporated into 3.4, which I am using, but I still get freezing.

Wow, I was wrong. Here’s what happened:

I downloaded cocos2d-x 3.4 and copied it into a directory next to my old cocos2d-x 3.2 installation. In the cocos2d-x 3.4 directory, I ran this:

cocos new MyGame -p com.your_company.mygame -l cpp -d NEW_PROJECTS_DIR

But what I forgot was to update the cocos environment variables! So when I ran the above command, it was copying the cocos directory from cocos2d-x3.2 into my new 3.4 project.

To fix this I re-ran setup.py in my 3.4 folder to set all of the new environment variables. Very silly mistake!

@thecherb
Hi,

Does this problem exists with v3.3 and using ndk r9d along with it?
Me a newbie too.

Thanxx