Best choice for multi-plataform games

Hey guys, I am coming from cocos2d-iphone, I want to develop multiplataform games, I got started with the javascript bidings, but I noticed that this isn’t the only way to make a multi-plataform game with cocos2d…

From what I have seen I can choose between:
* javascript bindings;
* lua bindings;
* develop in c++ and port with emscripten;

what should I consider when choosing one of those methods?

Javascript: Good
Lua: Fast
C**: Powerful
Emscripten: Don’t know
Choose Javascript if you aren’t familiar with complex languages such as C**.
Choose Lua if you are new to programming and want to see results fast.
Choose C++ if you want complete control over your game, as well as create new features and third-party extensions.

Lance, I’m curious to some of your reasonings.

Why would C++ be the choice for if “you want complete control over your game” and for “new features”? I’m now a bit experienced with both cocos2d-x and cocos2d-html5 and I don’t necessarily feel disadvantage using javascript (though I haven’t tried to use the bindings yet).

Just curious :).
C.J.

C*+ is a pretty advanced language. It has been used for years and is still one of the industrial standards when it comes to Game Development. You can alter almost every aspect of the game, down to memory management. Also, there are a lot of C/C*+ Libraries that would most likely do what you want while otherwise impossible when using bindings.

As for new features, I am mainly pointing out 3rd party libraries and native control. You can use C++ to invoke Java and/or Objective-C commands, which is useful if your game implements native libraries such as ads, facebook, or game center.

You can also use Cocos2D-XNA which gives you the fun of cocos2d and the cross platform you desire. You can call Java and C++ libraries as well from the C# runtime.

https://github.com/Cocos2DXNA/cocos2d-xna

Check it out. It’s proven on 10 platforms with the same code base.

What is the best option to target web, ios, android, wp, mac and windows? JSB I guess??

If you want web as an option then I think cocos2d-html5 and JSB is your easiest bet.