Announcing......SDKBOX Facebook plugin...That's right!

I am very pleased to inform you all that we have released a new plugin for SDKBOX.

Yes, the title gives it away…Facebook

Now you can integrate Facebook features into your apps! Login, Post a link, pictures (with and without comments) and also integrate with the Graph API.

We all have been working hard to listen to what our users want and how you want it. This was one of those items. The SDKBOX team consists of @slackmoehrle @nite @mannewalis @ricardo @Ibon @kiyall @yinjimmy (and a few others I can’t find forum id’s for, namely Hugo and Cheeray). We have had a lot of fun working on this project and we wanted to thank you all for the ideas, feedback, testing and patience as we work to get each release the best we can at that time.

Please continue to help us improve!

9 Likes

What about App Events and Analytics?

1 Like

Hi Cory,

Good points, let me discuss with the engineering team.

I have been waiting long for this!
congratulations guys!

There is this step in the documentation (android):
Configure your APP on Facebook follow Android Quick Start Guide

Should we also install the Facebook SDK as instructed in Facebook page? or is the Facebook SDK embedded into the plugin?

no, we provide the SDK alongside the SDKBOX sdks.

thanks!
so it should be pretty straightforward to integrate in existing android projects. Thanks guys!

it would be useful to support facebook invites (ie. request for lives, etc)
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/canvas/bestpractice#invites

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, noted.

What would to be the best way to update existing SDKBox IAP in projects?

Very well done. Looking forward to the twitter, google play games and the admob.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: awesome work. facebook pluginn workingg extremely well… salute for cocos teamm :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Does it support for Windows Phone platform?

@CrazyCave - start a new topic and tag me in it. This topic is about Facebook.

@sunriseitgroup not quite yet. We are talking about Windows Phone support and what SDKBOX plugins make sense and not. One of the struggles is that is it work engineering efforts for a platform that seems to be waning.

We appreciate it :slight_smile: Please, everyone, continue with the feedback. It is very beneficial to us.

1 Like

how to get profile pics and invitable friend list ?

profile picture, I am not sure if we support this yet, I need to ask the engineering team.

For friend list, there is an exact example in the docs, located here

@slackmoehrle
When I try to import facebook in my second project. I found the ANDROID_LIBS_DIR is wrong, How can I fixed it?
Thanks,