Animation plist

Hey, the AnimationCache plist reference states that I can create is using a plist file. I already use a plist for the SpriteFrameCache, and imagine a different plist (structure) is used for the animation. I can’t seem to find any sources on here on what the format of this plist should be. Is it me or is this just not documented ?

I don’t know the answer, but TexturePacker creates sprite sheets with plist files It might be worth downloading the demo and seeing what it produces. If you want I could upload a sprite sheet and plist example. I use it.

I use texture packer so that I can generate my actual sprite sheets, and frame/rect plists. I’m not sure if I should be using texture packer for the actually animation definitions. Any thoughts ?

I haven’t tried it myself but isn’t an animation a series of sprites in a specific order so it looks animated? That is the way I think of it. I honestly don’t know what is the best move. If I can get some time i’ll see about mocking up an example of animating with a sprite sheet. Post it to the Wiki.

Well, an animation (strictly cocos2d terms) is a series of frames within a certain duration, managed by an Animation object. The way I’m currently animating is by specifying each frame in the code and then using the Animate class. Turns out that I can use AnimationCache with a plist defining each frame of the animation itself, not a plist defining where each frame actually is in a sprite sheet. Only trouble is that the format if the animation plist is ??? to me.

Thanks anyways

UP!!!
So does anyone know how to create plist for AnimationCache? Are there some tools like TexturePacker?

Thank you all for your attention