Android 2.1/2.2 not supported?

Same issue here with cocos2dx-0.13.0-beta.
When Project build target is Android 2.2, the emulator not even start, showing blank screen.
With build target Android 2.3.3 it works fine.

Fyi,
I have installed

1. Android r 14(AVD 2.1, 2.2), Android r20(AVD 2.3.3, 1.01, 4.1)
    2)NDK r6, NDK 8
    3)Cocos2d-x 2.0-rc2-x-2.0.1, cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.9.1, cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.12.0.

I spent a lot of time to install Cocos2d-x(Helloworld) using different version of Android Sdk, NDK and Cocos2d-x.
After compiling, some got errors and some show error in emulator (…stopped unexpectedly).
Finally, I followed Kenny Chen advice above, use the combination of

NDK: r8
SDK: 2.3.3 (Android API)(I used Android Sdk r20)
cocos2dx: 1.0.1-x-0.12.0
AVD: 2.3.3 (Android API), HVGA

Today, I successful run the Cocos2d-x helloworld on emulator. Thanks Kenny.
By the way, 1 year ago I had failed to install Cocos2d-x, this is my second attempt to install it.
I known that Cocos2d-x is free, I hope that Cocos2d-x team can do better and improve in term of the installation process and compatibility(Android Sdk, NDK and Cocos2d-x). So the game developer can spend more time in game programming and not in Cocos2d-x installation.(Maybe some Game developers have gave up to install Cocos2d-x). For me, this software is very difficult to install.
Hope that the installation info can help those who want to install Cocos2d-x in the future.

Thank you.

I got the same problem. I`m using:

latest cocos2dx (2.0.1)
SDK 2.2
NDK r8
AVG 4.0.3
running on MacOS

When I try to run a new project, I got the error “don`t support gles2.0” on LogCat.
I read that only AVD 4.0.3 (and 4.1 now) can run GLES2. For this, I had to set “gnu on” on AVD, but KS Lam make run on AVD 2.3.3

In the java code, at line “if (detectOpenGLES20())”, this function returns false.

so android 2.2 is not supported ? where can we find this information ?

franck - wrote:

so android 2.2 is not supported ? where can we find this information ?

Yes, as far as I know 2.1 and 2.2 support stopped in March or April.

shouldn’t all the manifest files be updated with a then ?
I shipped my app with an 8 without noticing…

Ps: should the android:targetSdkVersion set to 17 (JELLY_BEAN_MR1) as well ?

We built our game with Android 8 support just fine (using cocos2d-x 2.1.3) + ndk r8e (target android-80. I can confirm it still works.

Mircea did you tried it on a 2.2 phone ?

We didn’t, because we don’t have 2.2 devices, but one of our players complained after we increased the platform from 8 to 9 that she can’t install that particular update. So we released a new update with android-8 once more - no complaints since.
Also, Google Play and Google Analytics show 2.7% of our users have Android 2.2, with phones such as:
LG P509 Optimus T
Samsung YP-G70 Galaxy Player 5
Samsung GT-I9000 Galaxy S
etc.

My game is hanging on a Galaxy TEOS (GT-I5800); which is android 2.2; I don’t know why.