Android 2.1/2.2 not supported?

Indigo Service Release 1

i have the same problem. the same apk, it works in real device, but it doesn’t work in emulator

Alex Rodriguez
You should not select “Build Automatically”.

I’m having the same issue with alex here, I’ll try to test it with 4.0.

Works fine on android 4.0 but the fps is really low like 20-24.5fps

Hi again did another test, using create-android-project.bat I picked android target 4.0. On eclipse I created a a AVD for 4.0 and it worked perfectly except the low fps, then using the same project without creating a new one this time I use a 2.3.3 AVD it still working but when I tried 2.2 and 2.1 it’s not working.

I’m having the exact same problem as well. And I clean just like how Minggo does it so I don’t think it’s a cleaning problem.

On eclipse I created an AVD and its emulate perfectly, but the Hello World doesn’t work =/

rv: don’t worry about the fps issue, it is just an emulator issue, it is supposed to work with full speed in the real device

To developers: When will this be fixed? Still only working on android 4.0 emulator. I know you can not reproduce this bug because it works on the real device, but for developers as me that don’t have an Android device, it’s a pain… i may buy an android device for testing purposes but please… fix this, you can see a lot of people is having the same problem. Mabe it works on mac (i think i read it somewhere) but on windows it does not works, maybe the problem is about the compilation under cygwin? The ndk version doesn’t matters, i tested different versions.

I also test on emulator, and it works ok.
I just don’t know how to reproduce it.
May be I delete my sdk and download the latest one.

I also test on emulator, and it works ok.
I just don’t know how to reproduce it.
May be I delete my sdk and download the latest one.

If you have another computer, try downloading latest sdk, ndk, cygwin and latest stuff and try it (from windows).

Anyone tested with the new version?

I have installed all Android SDK version, including 4.0, updated ADT to latest, and it still work ok.

For what it’s worth:

My friend has had this bug on his Linux system since beginning work and wound up reinstalling everything multiple times before we found the cause.

I JUST began experiencing it under Windows XP after things having worked fine for several months. Both of these instances are under 1.0.1-x-0.10.0.

The 2.3 emulator works and the aps work on the actual Android but this is a very frustrating error due to it’s lack of obvious cause.

I also have this problem.
I can use the 2.1 and 2.2 vitual device at another computer with Win7 32bit.
Have the developers fixed this problem?

I hope so, i could never finish my project because of this problem.
I’m just trying to buy a cheap android phone these days… it may be the best…

I’ve got the same problem these days. My project works well on android 2.3, but not on android 2.1 or 2.2.
So I created a new HelloWorld project for android 2.2, it didn’t work on emulator, just a black screen, but when I installed the apk file on a real phone(SAMSUNG GT-I9003), it works.
And then, I added my real code into the project and built it, it gave me a black screen again, both on emulator and phone.

Here are the logs from LogCat:
02-28 01:44:16.758: D/dalvikvm(299): Added shared lib /data/data/com.xxx.xxgame/lib/libcocos2d.so 0x44edea60
02-28 01:44:16.778: D/dalvikvm(299): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.xxx.xxgame/lib/libcocosdenshion.so 0x44edea60
02-28 01:44:16.778: D/dalvikvm(299): Added shared lib /data/data/com.xxx.xxgame/lib/libcocosdenshion.so 0x44edea60
02-28 01:44:16.808: D/dalvikvm(299): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.xxx.xxgame/lib/libgame_logic.so 0x44edea60
02-28 01:44:17.018: D/dalvikvm(128): GC_EXPLICIT freed 1733 objects / 101344 bytes in 1678ms
02-28 01:44:25.571: W/ActivityManager(58): Launch timeout has expired, giving up wake lock!
02-28 01:44:26.316: W/ActivityManager(58): Activity idle timeout for HistoryRecord{450842e0 com.xxx.xxgame/.xxgame}

In addition, I used boost1.48.0(just asio) and protobuf2.4.1 in my project.

I also have the same problem for helloworld project with configuratin below. Tested on emulator.

NDK: r8
SDK: 2.3.3 (Android API)
cocos2dx: 1.0.1-x-0.12.0

AVD: 2.3.3 (Android API), WVGA

The first time run is ok, then after you press HOME, then activate the app again, it will give me black screen.

Then, just change AVD to HVGA, it works.