Why the lua function "print" can't output message in cocos2d-x3.3rc0 at windows cocos-ide?

why the lua function “print” can’t output message in cocos2d-x3.3rc0 at windows cocos-ide?

when i upgraded my cocos2dx to 3.3rc0 version, then all of the lua-Print message disappear.

@samuele3hu
Could you please take a look?

It seems that COCOS2D_DEBUG=1 isn’t defined in liblua-prebuilt

where can i get the right prebuilt liblua

Did you use Cocos Engie Preview?It use release prebuild lib,so COCOS2D_DEBUG=1 wasn’t defined.

I have switched the lua framework from Cocos\frameworks\cocos2d-x to cocos2d-x-3.3rc0.
Then i rebuilt my win32-runtime.I still can’t get the print message.

Could you please provide the appropriate liblua.dll and liblua.lib directly to us?

Does you build release version?What’s your setting in the lua framework,as follow:
Click libluacocos2d -> Properties -> C/C++->Preprocessor->Preprocessor Definitions.In the Preprocessor Definitions do you find COCOS2D_DEBUG=1.

yes, the default setting is already COCOS2D_DEBUG=1.
it can’t show any print message yet
you can download the cocos2dx-3.3rc source codes and regenerate the bug.
some guys in the technology qq group also meet the same problem.
BTW,print message can be gotten in mac environment

This is really a problem. Although PrebuiltRuntimeLua.app is a debug version and print is enabled. But custom built runtime can not print anything since the prebuild libs are in release mode.
Will it be possible to make print independent of COCOS2D_DEBUG?

@cocos2dxFollower ,After you update the cocos2d-x,did you prebuilt runtime?My cocos-ide colleague has tried to reproduce this bug by using cocos2d-x3.3rc0,and the lua-print can generate the log message.

@alexzhengyi, for print independent of COCOS2D_DEBUG,can you give some suggestions?

It is reasonable to disable all log in the engine itself in release mode.
But, a basic print function is necessary for game code. These two kinds of log should be distinguished.

Yes,there are two kinds of log to distinguish debug and release.
print -> debug
release_print -> release

That’s OK!
Thanks!