Game is not smooth

What may be the cause of issue?

Weird thing is fps shows around 60 but still flickering.

I guess you will never get exactly 60 fps all time as Android, iOS, Mac and Windows are not real-time OS.

Fluctuating between 58-61

It’s normal.

But why is the game lagging?

Dear people,
I managed a big check-up session in my code (by turning features on and off) and I discovered that the performance issues of my game have and origin at the sound system.
For some reason, every time a sound effect is started, the game suffers a little lag. when several sound effects are started toguether the problem is more visible and inpacts the gameplay very badly. It is inportant to notice that playing music does not cause the problem. It just happens for sound effects. I also have to say that the problem only happens on PC-windows platform.

@arturapps What you stated is not quite related to what the OP has been experiencing, since audio isn’t part of the equation.

@mhmtemnacr You really should stop focusing on the FPS counter, and whatever perceived “lag” you may think you have, and focus on creating your game. Asking the same question over and over again is doing nothing to solve your problem. You’re the coder of your application, so you’re in the best position to figure out what is wrong with it. One of the devices you’re testing, the Samsung Note 3, is a really old device (released 2013?), and perhaps it can’t handle what you’re trying to do.

You may or may not want to accept this, but simply put, the issue here is more likely to be a lack of knowledge and experience. You can solve this easily, just do what most other programmers do, invest in yourself; do some research, experiment, or whatever else you feel may help you. There are quite literally millions of sources of information to help you achieve that goal.

3 Likes