FPS drops in android 6

@4li Yep, it may be a problem, so i want to get as accurate information as possible. I ask these questions just want to know if it is because upgrading to Android 6.

1 Like

As I told in this post this problem also occurs in S6 with android 5.1.1. Maybe it’s not related to android version at all and it has problem only with QHD devices. I would be grateful if you update me with latest improvements about this issue.

Thanks

1 Like

Is there any update on this?
Other game engines doesn’t suffer from this issue, so maybe some code can be changed to fix it.

I have created a new ticket for Android performance issue: https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/issues/15652. You are appreciated if you can provide needed information.

@4li i try to find S6 or LG G4 to have a test.

how about remove the “HelloWorld.png” and re-run Helloworld test?
Does the FPS comes back to 60?

Thanks for your replies and sorry for being late.

@zhangxm an extra note about G4 and S6 is that both of them try to maintain the render time at 16 ms unlike older devices that render time is about 1 ms in most of them. There are lots of explanations in the net why they do this. This isn’t a problem as far as the render time remains below 16. In my experiments S6 handles it very good unlike G4. After updating my G4 to the newer version of android 6 (it already had android 6) it handles it much better but FPS dropping is still obvious at some times particularly in time of playing sound effects.

@owen
I already tried that but it didn’t work for me.

Did you mean Android system have the limitation? Can you paste some link?

Did you mean new Android 6 system fix the problem? And the performance now is caused by audio engine? I heard some developers said Audio engine has performance issue, but i tested on nexus 5, can not find it. And what’s your Android version?

I just got a LG G4 with Android 6.0 as Testing Device.
This issue seems to be still present.

My Game worked so far even on older Devices (Galaxy s3) with 60 fps. On the G4 with Android 6.0 the FPS goes down to 23-35 FPS.

Working with Cocos2dx 3.15 (GitHub Version) NDK 13b, lates android sdk.

Edit:
The (new) Audio-Engine seems to work just fine. I had no problems with sound.

Edit2:
We just notices that on G4 ProgressTimers are not visible. the innerSprite is not visible. the borderSprite is visible.