Cocos2d-x 3.17 Android Studio - Step By Step Help Requested

You can try to open Android test project for statistics.
It places in cocos2d-x-3.17/tests/cpp-tests/proj.android

Thanks. Thatā€™s what I tried!

As I said, I know itā€™s deprecated, but it does specify two different versions, and documentation that says ā€œchange any necessary build settingsā€ is just a joke, really?

Thanks for the info on CMake, though - I hadnā€™t realised it could actually be used for creating a VS project!

Question: Can that VS project be used to create an Android game? It really isnā€™t clear - partly because other headings in the same document are ā€œGenerate Ios projectā€ and ā€œgenerate MacOS Projectā€ rather than ā€œGenerate XCode project for Iosā€ and ā€œGenerate XCode project for MacOSā€ or something.

Honestly, I know there is a lot of documentation, but really I feel the need for step-by-step instructions for those of us who are developing their first Android projects; sure, some of it is not Cocos2d documentation, but simple steps to set up a project for development should be easy to come by!

Thanks again for your help with this. I will certainly be giving VS a go (assuming it can build for Android)

Wow! Thanks for that!
I will give it a go in the next couple of days and let you know how I go!

Iā€™ve never tried to compile a Cocos2d-x Android project from inside VS2017, and while there may be no reason it wouldnā€™t work, it may not be supported in Cocos2d-x and would require some changes.

I understand, and agree with you. Sometimes things are glossed over, with assumed knowledge, when that really shouldnā€™t be the case.