[ANDROID Available] Pocket Air Hockey Development Process

Yeah that’s right. Motivation, fun and endurance :ok_hand:

Not really a game update but maybe someone is interessted to see our new website :blush:
We just finished it yesterday!

take a look: www.redhot-games.com :wink:

Hi Guys!!! :blush:

Here’s the next gamedev update for our Pocket Air Hockey game :smile:

Dynamic skin slide selection and purchase connected to sqllite done! Very dynamic and easy to add new content :slight_smile:
You can now select and buy custom skins for Player1, Player2 and the Puck.

Next feature we are going to add -> Challenge mode!

The Challenge mode contains:

• unlockable challenges
  • difficult and tricky challenges
  • many credits as reward and maybe unlocking special skins

If anyone is interested about some code information would we really like to discuss and help if we can :blush:

Cheers :sunny:

Time for a update :smiley:

Challenge mode is done! Whhuuuuueeey…

• complete challenges (mark them with visuals)
  • unlock next challenge
  • unlock challenge with credits
  • reward player for completing challenges
  • dynamic add new challenges, stored in sqllite

The graphics at the moment are just placeholders but here is a little impression (Not so exciting and it looks shitty, but the logic and the code is fine :open_mouth: :smile:)

Also we integrated Google Services into our Android build after some trouble. Right now we are working on the iOS Stuff Game Center etc. and we finally got an MacBook to test it :blush:

btw. XCode rocks <3

Next update…

We can already see the finish line :slight_smile:
One day ago we finished all the redhot mode item implementations. Our builds run well so far on Android and iOS.
The next part will be adding custom challenges (which we already designed on the paper) so most of it is just coding stuff.
And after that we gonna redesign (once more, i guess its the 3rd or 4th time) most of the game graphics, do some styling, add new skins, polishing and tests, tests and even more tests…

Also i think about writing review about our failures we done while making this game so maybe others can profit and dont have to do the same mistakes or give us some advices to improve our processes :slight_smile: But first we need to finish this game! x)

Cheers

@i__d__k

for your interest, we implemented your idea into one of our power ups :blush:
If you take the power up the opponent’s side is flashing dark with fade in/fade out.
It is pretty op in the Multiplayer mode :smile:

@redhotgames
Hi!
I’ve not been very active in the forum lately but it’s great to see the progress you’ve made. I love the new logo too :smiley:
I’m glad you added my idea, I can’t wait to see it in action. :blush:

The website is really cool as well. I need to update mine… Did you make it from scratch or did you use a template?

Let me know if you need beta testers :slight_smile: I’ve got a new phone :wink:

@i__d__k
Hey, sorry for the late reply :smile:
Nice that you like it :blush: At the moment we are 2 guys behind redhotgames, Davide and myself(Yves). Davide wrote his own Framework called fewlines ([https://github.com/fewlines/dummy][1] - there also exists a wiki how to use it) which he used to create our website from scratch.

We would appreciate it if you could test our game bevor the release :smiley:
Which phone do you have? :smiley:
[1]: https://github.com/fewlines/dummy

Hi. I’ve been trying to log in to the forum all day but there was some problem with the site

Thanks I’ll check out the framework, although I’m not good with HTML so I’ll probably just use a template instead :expressionless:

I’ve got a oneplus 2, and I’d love to test your game :smile:

All challenges implemented :}
Right now we doing our last design revision, sound stuff and polishing … so close to the end <3

Pics will follow soon :smiley:

A long waaaaaay to the final design of the game. It took about 5 design revisions. Is this a normal procedure changing the design over and over again while making the game or did we just fail at this point :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
However we like our final design of the game and hope some of you will like it too :blush: :sunny:

Hi all :smile: :sunny:

our game is done to like 99,9% and we want to release it this december :smiley: just a few more tests and the last polishing :blush:
Yesterday we finished our Launch Trailer, take a look :wink:

Cheers and thx for spending time reading and following our progress, we really appreciate that :blush:

1 Like

Awesome. Let’s hope the release goes well.

Great trailer, it looks really polished and well done :slight_smile:

Hello all! :sunny:

First of all thanks @slackmoehrle and @i__d__k :blush:
and now…

THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:

POCKET AIR HOCKEY IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR ANDROID

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redhotgames.pocketairhockey

Yeah :smiley: we just released it for Android. IOS comming soon, but we have some troubles with apple :stuck_out_tongue:
We hope you give it a try and could send us some feedback or bugs if you finde some :smiley:

Also we want to thank everyone following our posts/thread, we really appreciate that :blush: :v:

Cheers :wink:

1 Like

Great job @redhotgames :smiley:

It’s really smooth and well done :slight_smile: All the UI animations are really nice and fluid. I love the minimalist theme. And you added unlockables and challenges. Really great work :grinning: And the ads are non-intrusive, that’s nice too.

The AI is well done as well. I like the difficulty levels, maybe you could add one that’s even harder.
The challenges are really fun too. I completed 8 of them already :stuck_out_tongue:

Now for some suggestions -
Add more statistics, like no. of perfect wins (i.e. without letting the opponent score)
Achievements in Play Games.
Options to change UI colour/theme, as well as board background (could be unlockables)
While playing a game, pressing the back button doesn’t bring up the pause menu. Is this intentional?
Is it possible to reduce the file size? I haven’t tested on my small phone yet due to the file size, but it runs great on my OnePlus Two

Overall, it’s awesome work :smiley: I’m looking forward to your next game :+1:

Hey hey @i__d__k :smiley:

wow thats really nice to hear, thank you man :blush:
You have again some really good thoughts :smiley: we will see how the game does and decide then if we put more stuff into it. We already prepared a lot of things for updates so it would be no problem :smile:

I guess we really never used the back button to get to the pause menu, lol. We should implement it in the next update :smiley: thanks.

If we make further updates we will try to reduce the file size. That should be possible :smile:

1 Like