Proposal for v3.0: Changing namespace from "cocos2d" to "cc"

Xavier Arias wrote:

We could also use a shorter name for cc::extension, don’t you think? :slight_smile:

You could use namespace alias to achieve that.
namespace cc = cocos2d; will work for you.

Éloi Rivard wrote:

This is great !
I notice that there is no CCDeprecated.h in extensions. Do you think it is a good idea to keep (and deprecate) CC prefix compatibility with extensions too ?

Done in the develop branch.

James Chen wrote:

Xavier Arias wrote:
> We could also use a shorter name for cc::extension, don’t you think? :slight_smile:
>
You could use namespace alias to achieve that.
namespace cc = cocos2d; will work for you.

Good that there’s the 2 options, but I was talking about the extension namespace there, haha.
We could call it ext or something like that.

Example:
cc::ext::ScrollView

It’s easy too, you could

namespace cocos2d {
    namespace ext = extension;
}

Xavier Arias wrote:

James Chen wrote:
> Xavier Arias wrote:
> > We could also use a shorter name for cc::extension, don’t you think? :slight_smile:
>
> You could use namespace alias to achieve that.
> namespace cc = cocos2d; will work for you.
>
Good that there’s the 2 options, but I was talking about the extension namespace there, haha.
We could call it ext or something like that.
>
Example:
cc::ext::ScrollView

My 2p: Keep the namespace the same and let people alias it to a smaller one if they want instead of forcing it and making people alias it back. Cocos2d is clearer and makes for more maintainable code.

Another reason for ‘no changing’ is: all tutorials have to be adapt too

Yep, we have done it like that ,kept the namespace ‘cocos2d’. Thanks all your advices.
Adam Legge wrote:

My 2p: Keep the namespace the same and let people alias it to a smaller one if they want instead of forcing it and making people alias it back. Cocos2d is clearer and makes for more maintainable code.

Hate to remove the CC prefix