New in Cocos and have some complication

Hi
I am a beginner and glad to meet with Cocos 2d game engine and it’s community.
I am searching for a suitable game engine that help’s me to make a perfect 2d/3d 1st game and after searching from a pretty long time (1.5 year) i am here and also very happy to see that the most popular 2d physics game like hill climb and other castle clash (I never played it yet but sounds good)games created with this 2d game engine .
and now i make a decision to make my first game here after trying (unity,game maker,styncle,construct2,corona more and more ) but no one make my end even not start (hope you understand my problem with programming .(but i love love programming with simple things .

Okay i explain it .
I saw here cocos-2dx ,cocos-2djs,cocosIDE and cocosStudio

Now i want to make my first game using c++ tutorials with cocos game making .

I install the cocos-2dx by hoping it will be a exe file when i open a game making environment will open and i can start my work . But when i download it it is showing some files just file and when i search about it then it’s again write codes in terminal command area in python(But i want to code in c++ and also that showing we can write game in c++)

then i download cocostudio (sounds “studio” than absolutely a game environment like android studio intellij and more but when i download it , it has there own different option to control each thing differently.not simple for me :frowning:

so when i tried to find tutorials nothing found . Only for visual studio and xcode .
I uninstalled visual studio a week ago now i didn’t make any decision to re-install that 2 GB . I have eclipse and other tools but agin i didn’t want so many complication like first run a command to setup something to work on it . But i have a wish to make my first game awesome so i switch here to make my first game with my upcoming syllabus language c++ to be prepare on it and also make name with my game . :wink:

I haven’t downloaded IDE yet (now it’s downloaded) . Do you think it solve my problem . Or any other way how i run a simple .exe cocos game making environment . Just start and make awesome games like hill climb and more creative and for each movement just code in c++ and also having so many animated and more full tools that is specially in cocos SDK,IDE whatever anything just like where i found huge tutorials to make my first game in a day or in some hours .But not so much complicated to just for a start . When i click make apk then it makes for me using keystore and when i click to make ipa it will make it for me . Is there anything . I don’t know if cocostudio can solve my problem and if yes i didn’t find any tutorial to make a proper game .

I just downloaded the IDE and install it it is only showing me to make game with 2 languages one is Js and other is Lua so where can i make c++ games.
Thanks.

Hi

Have you seen this?
Decide for which platform you will develop and open the appropriate guide.

And do not worry that some things (such as creating a new project) should be done through the console in the Python.
The Python is used only for manipulating files during development, and is not used in the code of the game.

1 Like

Thanks ,
and what about cosco IDE and Studio
i download and install both IDE only refers to create game in JS and Lua is it possible to add ‘cocos-2dx’(i listen that it is the only tool that can make games in c++ using other IDE like VS,Xcode,Eclipse etc.) insert in IDE
to develop with all powerful tools in Studio and watch any relative tutorial for this.

Can you please tell me a single thing that might a big confusion to me .
What is the work of cocos-2dx , cocos IDE cocos Studio .Can i put cocos-2dx in Cocos IDE or i have option to make game with c++ already in this ide . Or if i use ide can i get all tools that are in studio or if i use studio(i don’t know how work with different options ). does the same situation happens .(All the ide tools available in studio) . Can you please help me to get rid out of this big confusion so i can start making games today . I also read so many articles about it but they are very complicated can you explain me with some brief simple words .
Thanks .

Cocos Ide is intended for programming only Lua or JS. If you want to write with C++ then you have to use the Visual studio or Eclips or QT (or XCode, but it is only on the Mac).

CocosStudio is intended to help you make a scene or anamatsiyu faster using GUI. But how do I know, - you can not do the entire game in it. To be honest I never used the studio, as I prefer to describe all the things in the code.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please ask, do not hesitate.

1 Like

now i get some clearance about it , so there is only way to use c++ for this .
Or if i use java script does it properly worked with IDE.

and last one more thing , what cocos studio can do means what can i done there ,

Or if i use java script does it properly worked with IDE.

yes)

what cocos studio can do means what can i done there

You can create and positioning sprites on the scene, creating various animations, create GUI, and then use it all in your project.

Thanks for this all information .
and really i like this fast communication and now i decide to make my first awesome game here .
once again thanks .

Ha Ha) You know this forum has a Demo section. Will you show us your awesome game? :wink:

1 Like

Sure when i completed it i will add it there .
:smiley:

If you want your life more easier

Test my tools

You don’t have to think about creating new project or anything

Even, you can create classes very easy

I am thinking about create a tool for physics editor but now i have a lot projects

Happy coding

1 Like