Live Stream, Friday Dec 30 10am EST -?

So, is it uploaded anywhere? :slight_smile:

so, anyone know where it was uploaded?

I havenā€™t yet. I started recording and after an hour, I felt like I was showing things that were not needed to show (like compiling pre-builts, starting a new project, verifying the new project ran on iOS and Android before beginning actual development, etc)

If you have (like compiling pre-builts, starting a new project, verifying the new project ran on iOS and Android before beginning actual development, etc) in your recording.Please upload that also because it is staring point.

Hey @slackmoehrle
If you feel that itā€™s too long to show everything on recording then I feel that itā€™s best to record and fast forward few easy steps by adding titles saying eg- "After building the codeā€¦ ", ā€œAfter setting up the codeā€¦ā€, etc.

alright, make sense. I was hoping to have some time to add more.

It also felt weird because I dropped in some custom classes I use for screen resolution, scale factor, etc and I didnā€™t really say more than I was dropping in a few classes to make my life easier.

@slackmoehrle, I realise that the setup steps are not what the video was suppose to be about, but it would actually be really great to have them. Maybe posted as a separate video if you would prefer.

This framework is great once you know how it works but it can be extremely frustrating when you start. Pre-builts would be one of those things. I was never able to get it to work across my target platforms and gave up as it was wasting too much time. Same with multi-resolution. Just when I think I have a complete grasp of the concept in cocos2d-x, Iā€™ll start a new project and things do not behave the way I was expecting them to.

So some ā€œgetting startedā€ videos (along with the project files and whatever helper classes you may have) would be fantastic. Iā€™ve watched the videos from Sonar Systems and found them to be almost completely useless.

Anyway, just my two cents. Still intrigued and excited to see you make this physics game in the future.

I guess I saw a different set of videos because I learned Cocos2d-x and get back to C++ after 15 years thanks to @SonarSystems videos. And already published my first game and working on my second. So, not useless at all.

Can i download this vedio?My network is so slow to watch it at onlineā€¦

Link to the video?

2 Likes