Issue build and run with Visual Studio 2017

VS2017 is a new standard now, and users with the new version will receive this error. Theoretically, this is like most users will get the error and will be forced to look for how to fix it, and this is only because some users are still using VS2013.

But I understood your reasons why this is not so easy to fix.

If you plan to support only VS2015, then why not recompile the libraries using VS2015?

In my parctice, actually, the vs2015 & vs2017 could use the same 3rd libraries. because the vs2015 C++ redist version is 14.0 and the vs2017 C++ redist version is 14.1. The vs2017 is different previously update versions, the major version isn’t change.

Yep, we should if needed. My point of it is that, don’t recompile 3rd party lib if not needed.

Ok, I understand you. Thank you.

Hi, now i’ve solved all my problem related with Visual Studio 2017 and it work great.
But i still have some issue with compiling my project on Windows 7, i’ve choiced SDK 10 and i get those errors:

Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory (Compiling the source file ..\ui\UIListView.cpp)	libcocos2d	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.10.25017\include\crtdefs.h	10	
Cannot open include file: 'assert.h': No such file or directory (Compiling the source file ..\ui\UIDeprecated.cpp)	libcocos2d	E:\Download\Documenti\Mobile_game\Codevision\Game\cocos2d\cocos\platform\win32\CCPlatformDefine-win32.h	45	
Cannot open include file: 'ctype.h': No such file or directory (Compiling the source file CCActionCatmullRom.cpp)	libcocos2d	C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um\winnt.h	31	

and others.
I tried also with SDK 8.1 but i get the same errors.
Can someone help me?

Hi Aleinfo, I got stuck on your very same issue. Have you been able to solve the problem?

thanks in advance!

Yes i have solved the issue some time ago but i don’t remember what i do. Probabily you can resolve installing the correct Windows sdk and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable that you need. Instead you can unistall everything and doing a clean installation.