Feedback for SDKBOX

Yes, we are releasing an update where this file will be encrypted.

Good to hear. But I guess you mean ā€œwith the possibility to encrypt the fileā€. How can it be changed, if it is already encrypted?
I hope with support of defining your own key :smile:

I am not the one working on it, not sure what approach is being taken.

Encrypting is a good idea, thank you!

Still nothing about encrypted sdkbox_config.json.
Was it some kind of joke?

I have to admit, that progress seems to be slow, but steadyā€¦

Hi @milengk

Nope, we are not joking. :smile:
We are steadily working on it to give everyone a better product.

FYI, we are in testing phase for encryption.
we will let everyone know when it will ready for public release.

Expecting your support.

Best,
Pabitra

Wouldnā€™t it be more flexible and straight forward, if the engine would provide delegates on the file handler level, which return the content and pass it to the standard handler again?
E.g.: standard file handler opens the data stream -> delegate handler/transform function will be called, transforming the data -> returns transformed data back to the standard file handler -> interprets the content as usual.

As for now, there is only the possibility to provide your own delegate file handler, which has to deal with the complete I/O implementation.
E.g. the user provided delegate has to open the data stream, transform the data and to interpret the data.

OK,
thank you!

Hi @iQD

I guess @nite might give better feedback on this.

Any news about encrypted sdkbox_config.json?

In order to get encrypted json, you need to setup your configs remote at -
http://www.sdkbox.com/
sign in and then create an app with your desired plugin and fill it with the same data as in your sdkbox_config.json.

Now, when click on Export Sets it will generate something like this -

#if (CC_TARGET_PLATFORM == CC_PLATFORM_IOS)
sdkbox::init("YOUR_TOKEN", "YOUR_SECRET");
#elif (CC_TARGET_PLATFORM == CC_PLATFORM_ANDROID)
sdkbox::init("YOUR_TOKEN", "YOUR_SECRET", "googleplay");
#endif

Please add this to your AppDelegate.cpp file, and initialize sdkbox with the secret token from your app as mentioned above.

Best,
Pabitra

Wow, all I can say is wow! Iā€™m a ā€œseasoned developerā€ and technical lead and often an architect, with more than a few dozen years under my belt, and I just continue to be impressed with what you guys do with cocos2d-x, and now SDKBOX. I think some people donā€™t quite understand the breadth and depth of all youā€™ve done.

I created a game back in 2011, taught myself Objective C, and published it on the Apple Store. Last year, I decided to take the time to rewrite it in C++ and use your cocos-2dx framework. This game now runs on iOS, Android, and PC (Iā€™m working to get it Greenlit on Steam), and eventually on Mac.

So, now I want to incorporate Analytics and IAPs, and Iā€™ve decided to use SDKBOX. I canā€™t say whether it works completely or not (I sure hope so), because I just began the process this evening, but the fact that youā€™re even encrypting the json file for us and providing server side validation, etc just really makes me smile.

So ā€¦ thank you guys, nice work!

1 Like

Really appreciated, feel free to point out any issue as well as any feature requests, weā€™ll keep improving it.

1 Like

@nite @pabitrapadhy

hello,

Can we have google play services integration with SDKBOX, I know its not a SDK but it is a must have feature in a game these days and even Game center integration.

further more I would like to know if you guys are planning SDKBOX to support Windows devices.

nite, this may be a dumb question, but where can I find the APIs for sdkbox? For example, Iā€™d like to see the APIs for Product, and find out the difference between priceValue and price, and see what other calls are available.

Thanks!

[edit] Ah, I found PluginIAP.h, which seems be what I need! Iā€™m going to work with this, and I see you have currencyCode there, too - cool!

They aready added this in latest sdkbox version

Google play services for leaderboard and game center are not present, and we cannot integrate to windows phone

You can also find the API and documentation here
http://docs.sdkbox.com/en/plugins/iap/v3-cpp/#initialize-iap

For leaderboard and achievement you can try our sdkbox play plugin.

For windows phone support, we havenā€™t planned that yet.