Cocos2dx 3.2 Android expansion file, path to .obb

Hi,
We made a game and now we would like to upload it to google store. Unfortunately my app has 80mb so I need extension file.
I’ve just created my .obb file. So what’s next? Should I change something in androidmanifest etc? I’m doing it for the first time, so I would be grateful for instructions. I know that I have to change the path in AppDelegate to my obb file. But how to do it?

Please heelp! :slight_smile:

Take a look at this, maybe it can help.

Hi,
thanks for replay, but probably you have invalid adres under ‘this’ :wink: because I cant see anything. I read a lot, but still cant find answers on some questions.

1. My extension file can be .obb or .zip?
    2.Have I do something else with my .obb/.zip file or just point FileUtilis path to this file?
    3.Whats path should I put inside FileUtils::getInstance()->setSearchPath(WHAT_PUT_HERE) ?

If you have some experience could you help me please?

Sorry, this is the correct link

So finally you used zip file instead of obb?

When I upload my apk to google dev console to test if everything work, and then I change something in code, have I upload my apk and wait few hours to test it again?

Finally i have used zip file.
Yes you have to wait few hours.

Ok, thank you.
Probably I understand how to change the path, but did you change something in AndroidManifest or in java files? I dont know java so it would be problem for me…

You have to add these lines to download the expansion file

<!--
     In order to start the service, it must be uniquely registered with
     the package manager here. 
    -->
    <service android:name=".SampleDownloaderService" />

<!--
     In order for the alarm manager to contact the downloader script, the receiver
     must be uniquely registered with the package manager here. 
    -->
    <receiver android:name=".SampleAlarmReceiver" />

and for unzipping the expansion file

<!--         this activity  check if the expansion file is available, then unzip it -->
    <activity android:configChanges="orientation" 
android:label="@string/app_name"  
 android:name="com.example.example.MainActivity"             android:screenOrientation="sensorLandscape"   android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen">
          <intent-filter>
            <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
             <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
        </intent-filter>
    </activity>

Don’t forget to change android:screenOrientation="sensorLandscape"

How did you unzip the file?
And if my game is in Portrait orientation should I use android:screenOrientation="sensorPortriat" instead of
android:screenOrientation="sensorLandscape"?

And how can I get storage directory?
In android docs I’ve read that we use getExternalStorageDirectory(). But how can I achieve it with cocos2dx?

Could anyone send me AppDelegate.cpp file with unzipping and loading resources from .zip or .obb file(expansion file), I completely dont know how to do it using cocos2dx… ;(

Thanks a lot for your help!