Cocos2d-x Mac OS X Support (Working HelloCPP for v2.2.x)

What’s the issue?

The provided Mac OS X “HelloCpp” sample has serious issues. It seems to work better as a reproduction case than a demo.

What’s the engine version?

Any 2.x or 3.x version have downloaded and compiled.

How to reproduce it?

Toggle Fullscreen and try to use a touch event.

My question:

1. Does the Cocos2d-x framework support Mac OS X fullscreen (beyond just display) does it handle touch events?
  2. If so, why is the sample so broken?
  3. Does anyone have a working modification or patch to HelloCpp that could be used?

Any assistance or tips on this would be much appreciated!

Can you tell me how you are putting this in full screen mode? I’m running 10.9.3 and I dont have any option on the window and the menu option is greyed out…

@slackmoehrle I’m just running HelloCpp and under the View menu there is a Toggle Full Screen option. I’m not sure I did anything to get it to show up other than compile the sample.

Are you running HelloCpp?

@corytrese Have you tried to create a new project with the cocos console instead of using the HelloCpp one?
I did that with cocos2d-x 3.0 final and in Mavericks the full screen option is disabled…

Right, me too. it seems that only HelloWorld can be put in full screen mode.

If we can get HelloWorld to work, I will figure out how to make the option enabled in all applications.

At this point, it should be disabled in a new project with the cocos console – the feature is totally broken.

The information in this thread was what I needed to get FullScreen working:

The zip file on that thread has the solution and will provide a working solution for Mac OS X users.