Cocos Helper - Add Chartboost, AdMob, Google Play etc easily With Video Tutorials With Free Skype Assistance

I’m sure we can, what was you thinking of adding.

I’m thinking of using Vungle or AdColony.

C++ or JavaScript

C++ (sorry, forgot to mention)

These videos should help you http://www.sonarlearning.co.uk/coursepage.php?topic=game&course=sonar-cocos-helper

Hi, @SonarSystems!

I have user-annoying experience with AdMob on Android and I’ll be very grateful if you could help.

I call SonarCocosHelper::AdMob::showFullscreenAd(); to show interstitial ad when a player completes a level.
But the ad almost always doesn’t appear on time, instead it comes with a significant delay when a player already playing next level and it’s very frustrating for any user.

On iOS side with the same code, interstitial ad behaves exactly on time.
How to achieve the same on Android side?

Have you tried using:

PreLoadFullscreenAd(); // Call this before (for example when player begins the level

ShowPreLoadedFullscreenAd(); // Call this when player completes the level

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for tip, @Rogerup!

Seems like what I’ve been missing. :slight_smile:

Thanks for helping out :smiley:

Still have something strange going on with ad’s appearing time… :confused:

I’ve added PreLoadFullscreenAd(); at the beginning of the level, inside onEnterTransitionDidFinish()
and I call ShowPreLoadedFullscreenAd(); when a player fails for a nth time
as was suggested by @Rogerup

But now I get ads poped-up every time the level starts which is something that I didn’t expected at all… :grimacing:

For now I just turned off any ads on Android side and I’m loosing money!
Please help, It’s very urgent! Thanks!!!

I think you are calling PreLoadFullscreenAd() more times than ShowPreLoadedFullscreenAd() and this is causing you the problem.

So, try something like this:

// declare this flag in your program
bool AdPreloaded = false;

// when you preload, change to this
if( AdPreloaded == false ) {
    PreLoadFullscreenAd();
    AdPreloaded = true;
}

// when you show, change to this
ShowPreLoadedFullscreenAd(); 
AdPreloaded = false;
1 Like

@Rogerup that’s exactly what happens! Big thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for helping.

Hi.will cocos-helper support lua ?

Possibly in the future but for now our focus is JS and C++ but due to it’s open source nature somebody could be working on the lua version as we speak.

Hi @SonarSystems!

I’m still struggling with adding reward videos to my game.

As you’ve mentioned SonarCocosHelper supports Chartboost integration.
But I couldn’t find in framework’s API how to track user’s interaction with reward video.

How to attach a callback when a user finished watching a video, so I can reward him form that?

We have that for other ad networks like Vungle, try that.

1 Like

sounds awesome bro!

It does indeed, have you seen the Cocos Helper page which provides videos and an API for integration assistance http://sonarsystems.co.uk/cocoshelper.php