CMake Error Findbullet.cmake missing

Hi,

I would like to use the cocos2d engine for a little project on an embedded linux system. I am trying to cross compile with my linux host for the embedded linux system target.

On my host i can run the hello world test programm out of the box. But the enviroment for the cross compilation needed some missing libraries which i have added to /usr/local/lib.

Now i am stuck with an error which i do not understand.

CMake Error at cocos2d/cmake/Modules/CocosBuildHelpers.cmake:376 (find_package):
  By not providing "Findbullet.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
  asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "bullet", but
  CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "bullet" with any
  of the following names:

bulletConfig.cmake
    bullet-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "bullet" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "bullet_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "bullet"
  provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
  installed.

After a while i tried to compile the code native on the target device and there i have got the same error.
I am suspecting some problem with external/bullet module but i have no idea what i am missing.

Does anyone have an idea where the problem could be or could give me a hint what i should try next?

Thanks for your time.

After a second thought, i believe i wasted my time.

Is it even possible to use the prebuilt libraries on an ARM Processor?

:sweat_smile:

You must compile them yourself. We have had cocos2d-x running on ARM before.

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately I think this solution is beyond my timebudget.

Is there a simlpe solution to reduce the needed libraries?

I would use cocos2d primarily for sprite drawing. So do not need websockets, sound, physics, etc.

Take a look here: https://github.com/ricardoquesada/cocos2d-x-3rd-party-libs-src/tree/ci20

Also, sure you can, have a look in cocos/base/ccConfig.h and this thread: How to reduce the final build size of a cocos2dx project?

Thank you for your feedback.

I have found a workaround for the error above.

The error happens during the cmake configuration. The CocosBuildHelpers.cmake calls Findbullet.cmake which does not exists. If i build my project on my linux laptop this problem does not appear. I do not know whats missing.

My solution was to delete the bullet part inside CocosUseLibs.cmake and CocosPickLibs.cmake. So the file did not get called during configuration.

An additional problem was a missing path to FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake. I have copied into the cmake/Modules folder. Now i can finish the cmake configuration.

Still working on missing or outdated libraries which causes build errors.:thinking: