Your app is not compliant with Google Play Policies

I created an app an educational app that targets children. The app uses Admob to serve Ads. It has been published on the Google play store for few months.

Recently I received a mail form Google saying that :

“Action Required: Your app is not compliant with Google Play Policies”

Action required: Submit an updated app within 90 days.

We have detected that your app includes non-certified ad SDKs or SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services. Your app may not be eligible for the Teacher Approved program until this issue is resolved.

How do I update or remove non-certified ad SDKs or SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services. Not sure where to start.

Please help

We have the same problem, just got several warnings in different apps. All made for kids and we also only use AdMob. We suspect it’s because of OneSignal library, but it’s just a guess. The idea is to remove it in one app and see if warning will disappear. Do you use any other libraries in your dependencies? We’d like to know the cause too. For now we’re switching to these libraries:

dependencies {
    implementation fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar']) //libs is empty anyway
    implementation 'androidx.core:core:1.3.2'
    implementation 'androidx.multidex:multidex:2.0.1'
    implementation 'com.google.firebase:firebase-analytics:18.0.0'
    implementation 'com.google.firebase:firebase-ads:19.6.0'
    implementation 'com.google.firebase:firebase-messaging:21.0.0'
    implementation 'com.google.firebase:firebase-appindexing:19.1.0'
    implementation 'com.google.firebase:firebase-core:18.0.0'
    implementation 'com.google.android.ads.consent:consent-library:1.0.8'

implementation project(':libcocos2dx')
}

dependencies {
implementation fileTree(dir: ‘libs’, include: [’*.jar’])
implementation project(’:libcocos2dx’)
implementation ‘com.google.android.gms:play-services-base:16.1.0’
implementation ‘com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:17.2.0’
implementation ‘com.android.billingclient:billing:2.0.1’
implementation ‘com.google.android.gms:play-services-gcm:15.0.0’
}

Have any jars in libs directory?

Yes ,
OneSignalSDK.jar
PluginAdMob.jar
PluginIAP.jar
PluginOneSignal.jar
PluginSdkboxAds.jar
sdkbox.jar

Can you resolve this issue?

not yet…

OneSignal or Sdkbox may contain something that Google don’t like :slight_smile:

edit: by the way: I’ve removed OneSignal from one of our apps with this warning just before Christmas break. It was a test if they’d pass this app or not - what’s very suprising all the warnings disappeared - even from the apps I didn’t update.

1 Like

Sorry to butt in. could this also be anyting to do with compiling. Because I need to update my sdk befor relesing Because, I’m getting a warning message from the android studio compiler saying.
Beginning August 1, 2019 Google Play store requires that all apps that include native libraries must provide 64-bit versions. For more information, visit Android Developers Blog: Get your apps ready for the 64-bit requirement.
is the updtate comming soon intefering with your ad’s are thay only excepting 64bit and your jar’s are compiled 32 ?. sorry if it dont help just having a stab it it.