Xcode 5.1.1 & Cocos2d-x 3.2: Missing Frameworks (In Red)

I just started to try out Cocos2d-x today and managed to make a project, run it on the iOS simulator and device, and tinkered a bit with multi-resolution support.

Although everything compiles and links fine I’m a bit worried that my Frameworks folder has a couple frameworks marked as red (missing) and right clicking them and selecting “Show in Finder” has no effect. Attached is a screenshot of the Xcode Project Navigator and Build Phases.

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Bump. Anyone?

I am interested in this question too. It should be very simple question, but nobody responds.

I feel like this is an Xcode bug

Tested with a new empty project.

1. They are needed.

2. If you remove the red frameworks, you can no longer compile.

3. If you remove them and add them back they show black and things are fine.

It is a bug in Xcode, been there since version 4! When you update Xcode or get a project from someone else who used a different base SDK, the paths will be wrong. But don’t worry, it doesn’t matter…

If you right click one of the red iOS frameworks in your project list, select File Inspector (it doesn’t appear in file inspector unless you already had it open - another Xcode bug! Just select it again). You’ll see on my coremotion.framework which is red in my project list, it shows part of the path as “/iPhoneOS7.0.sdk/” but I have 7.1 and a “/iPhoneOS7.1.sdk/” folder:

But it still compiles and you can look at the link in the Issue Navigator after your build and see the “-framework” flags included your red frameworks and so they must have been found in the correct “7.1” location.

You can see people here discussing it 4 years ago!

The only real way to get rid of them being red is to delete and add them again, though you don’t need to bother except to satisfy your OCD (I did too).

1 Like

Aha, you are absolutely correct. Removing and reading the offending frameworks fixes the issue.

One more thing I noticed:

Within the Frameworks folder there is also a red libcurl.a. It’s path is essentially (PROJECT_PARENT_DIR)/cocos2dx/platform/third_party/ios/libraries/libcurl.a. This directory does not exist on my drive.

The PROJECT_PARENT_DIR is just a folder in my Documents where I plan on holding my Cocos2d-x project so there is no cocos2dx folder. cocos2d-x is located under ~/Development/. However, even under ~/Development/cocos2d-x there is no platform folder… but there is a ~Development/cocos2d-x/external with a curl folder and prebuilt iOS lib (Nothing for Mac).

By default libcurl.a has no target membership so it is not an issue but there is a linker error when I do add it to Mac or iOS target.

Is this another Cocos2d-x bug or is something wrong with my setup?

Hi, I have the same problem, but it still didn’t work. Did you finally fixed it?