Windows Game Contest!

Hello Cocos2d-x Community!

We are extremely excited to announce our Windows Game Contest sponsored by Chukong and Microsoft.

Who: you as individual or your company!

What: Bring your best Cocos2d-x, Cocos2d-js or Cocos2d-lua games to Windows or Windows Phone 8.1

All submissions must be received by: 11:59 (Beijing time) on June 30, 2015.

Winners announced: on or before July 23, 2015.

Prizes: We are giving away cold, hard cash!

Official Website: http://windows.cocos.com

There is a special category here on the forums Windows Game Contest.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to ask your questions about anything related to the contest in the Windows Game Contest category. I’m watching this category like a hawk. If you ask under some other category I might not see it.

11 Likes

Looking forward to this!!!

Great to see this game contest!

I have some concern about the rules to join the contest.

"Bring your best Cocos2d-x games" although the official website only wrote "Cocos engine and Windows"

Can we use Cocos2d-JS or any other cocos2d engine? Just to make sure the contest is not limited to Cocos2d-x.

Step 1 Create or port your App for Windows Store or Windows Phone Store or both.

Is it mean the game don’t need to be newly created as it state we can port our App?

Performance (25%): How well does your App perform on applicable end user devices? Does it run smoothly?

Does game create for only Windows Store or Windows Phone Store would be judge different compare to both as it might have different performance on PC and Phone? Still new to Windows Store and Windows Phone Store, not sure how they operate.

How long does the free Windows Developer account valid to use? Can it be used after contest? Consider to register now or after the game has been created.

Thanks.
Zinitter

3 Likes

Where can I read the detailed rules?

Is it reserved to individual developper or companies can participate ?

Game must be free without in app / ads ?

I’ll double check these and reply back. If we need to clarify the rules we will do so. Thanks for the interest everyone!

If you have setup a developer account already, but have not submitted a game to the store yet, can we use our current account? I would guess the token is just so people can sign up for free.

It sounds like a port is ok, so can we bring our game(s) that we have published on Apple/Google app stores over for this contest?

What is the relation to DVLUP?

The Official BBS link is wrong on the contest page linked from the banner.

Yes, I believe that you can use your own account.

A port is surely OK.

I will ask about DVLUP

Thanks for reporting the broken link. I’ll ask it be fixed.

The page you linked states the following:

For complete details, see Official Rules

but they are not linked or anything.

What are the pay-out conditions regarding taxes? What amount of payment is withhold for non US citizens?
Something like these?
http://appchallengestorage.blob.core.windows.net/wpchallengefiles/Official%20Rules.pdf

The fine print of such contests can be really harsh, basically giving up every right. Depending on the country, some rights can not be transferred(e.g. Copyright).

Knowing the official rules and all the fine print is essential to giving it a thumbs up or a thumbs down.
Please provide them ASAP.
Thank you!

Thanks for pointing this out. I have someone looking into this. I’m hoping to have answers later tonight. I have collected everyones questions and I will reply as soon as I have answers.

3 Likes

Hello,

I submited my game use cocos2d-x to Windows Phone store and was approved. But I haven’t published this app(app’s status is READY TO BE PUBLISHED). Can I use this app to enter the contest?

Thanks

If it uses coos2d-x and runs on Windows or Windows Phone 8.1 They you are fine. Make sure you follow the submission rules at windows.cocos.com and submit it how you are instructed to.

Hi Everyone.

OK. We have edited the website (windows.cocos.com) and it should hopefully answer most all questions.
I’m also editing the original post in this topic to clarify as well.

It can have ads.

I have someone looking into this.

Yes, the token allows a free sign-up for a 1 year term.

yes

I’m not sure, this has been removed.

is cocos2d-js 3.5 allowed ? because official rules does not mention cocos2d-js*

Thanks.

If we offer it, use it.

1 Like

So any version 3.x from Cocos2d-x, Cocos2d-js or Cocos2d-lua can be used, right?