Which server engine can I use with cocos creator

Im newbie making html5 game with cocos creator.

Before this projects I usually use cocos-2dx to make games. And at that time I saw so many server engine support cocos-2dx officially. So it is more confortable to choose which engine fit our game and more efficient because just integration once I can make both IOS, AOS.

But after changing enging to cocos creator it is hard to find server engine officialy support cocos creator. and I really dont know can support both web-platform and mobile-platform.

I think (may be…) there is some server engine can use websocket function. because I saw a docmuent cocos creator support websocket library.

Does anyone recommend me some game server service?

I just need saving data and make turn-base game.

You can make your own service using Node.js if you want something low cost.
Apart from that, I know that Photon, PlayFab, and GameSparks all support javascript.

1 Like

Might be worth looking at this. I do not know if it is suited for turn based games but real time games it can handle.

Thx for replying . Actually I searched some engine fit to cocos creator and finally I found a pomelo server.

It create with node js and officially support cocos creator. And you can use this server just add one script.

I try to use this node js server.

Interesting. If you are successful in setting it up I’d like to hear what you think about it.

Follow up post. Look into Nakama by Heroic Labs. :slightly_smiling_face:

They added Javascript support so In theory it should work with Cocos Creator Details here.

Hope this helps.

Hi all - I’m one of the engineers behind Nakama as @HeadClot mentioned :slight_smile:

We’ve been working really hard on the next major release - it has support for both Javascript and C++. Best of all, both the server and the clients are completely open-source.

We’ve been hearing a lot of requests for Cocos2dx and Cocos Creator and are adding more first class client support for them.

Please do let me know your thoughts (and ofc really appreciate if you spread the word :))

5 Likes

Does anyone try smartfoxserver? Smartfoxserver 2X do support html5/javascript api, but I getting error when importing the sfs js file.

hi,
this might be coming a little too late for you but try looking into apache tomcat for your server needs. it is free and supports websockets. ping me if you still need help.
cheers!

A little late to the party - but just wanted to mention that Nakama server works very well with Cocos Creator using the official Javascript client library. Please make you use v2.0.1 or later.

On that topic - we’ve just open-sourced a C++ client library for Cocos2d-x. You can find the Cocos2d-x library here and the docs for it here:
https://heroiclabs.com/docs/cocos2d-x-client-guide/

2 Likes