Where do we add code for 64bit on android and x86?

currently it only builds for armeabi-v7a how do I add 64bit and x86I tried adding it to the line on app_abi but it still shows this when I go to select the x86 it shows (device supports x86 but apk only supports armeabi-v7a)

See your gradle.properties within your Android project. The link will show you, what to change. Sadly x64 isn’t available (is planned in the future, with the removal of the prebuilts - @CrazyHappyGame can tell you more), so you will end up with arm, arm64 and x86 binaries right now.

1 Like

Ok which one is the one that google play will be requiring for us to include later this year arm64 or x64?

I would say at least arm64, if you include arm. So I would remove x86, if you don’t care about chromebooks (because I don’t know any phone with x86 in theses days).

1 Like

I noticed once I add x86 in gradle.properties it still only shows armeabi-v7a in application.mk do i also have to add x86 here ? or where all the places i have to make changes ?

if you build with cmake then application.mk is not used.

I don’t think im using cmake

In cocos 3.17.1 cmake is used by default.
check this line https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/blob/8978825fd255d13b68b2c81b7628d2f598b1acdf/templates/cpp-template-default/proj.android/gradle.properties#L40

im using 3.17 right now,

set in Application.mk
APP_ABI := x86 armeabi-v7a

1 Like

i changed it in gradle.properties like @mars3142 said, and everything built fine on the simulator thats why I was wondering do I also add it to APP_ABI , because before I only added it to APP_ABI and not gradle.properties and it wasnt working