What would be a good approach for animation transition

Hi,
I wonder if some could give me and advice on transition between animations.
Considering using 2d sprite animation.

Any idea or suggestion for research would be welcome.
:upside_down_face:

Thanks

If you use Dragon Bones or Spine to make animations, they have transition (mix between bone transformations) feature. If you’re manually animating frames in sprite sheet you’ll need to have transition sequences in your animation sheet. For example: After player jumped and hit the ground it should play “get up” animation. We can accept get up animation as transition between “fall down” and “idle” animations.

First of all, Thank you

So as I’m using sprites, understand I should handle the animations in code by switching to the required animation based on the state.
Is that right?
Just a final question is there any strategy recommended to reduce complexity to implement that code to switch the animations(for instance if shooting while running ).

Having more than one animation layers and playing animation clips additive could help.
For example you can animate legs in one animation clip and arms in another animation clip then you can play them seperately and additive. You can stop and play clips independently by using playAdditive().
I’ll make a video tutorial on that subject, it’s a good question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, It would be nice to have a tutorial on this. Let me know when you published.
Right, I didn’t think about that, good advice. Now having a better idea I will continue my game development.
Thanks

Hi! here is the video tutorial:

Hope it helps :wink: