Websocket is not closing

@slackmoehrle @smitpatel88 @drelaptop
we are developing a game with c++, we are using WebSocket, now when the server is down and when we try to connect server WebSocket goes to closing state and then it won’t come out, in this case, if we try to change scene it crashes the game.

I am assuming you are using inbuilt websocket class.
What are you using at server side? socket.io?
If so then i will suggest you to use official socketio cpp at client side. (Not easy though :wink: )
I am not using any cocos inbuilt class for server connection due to many bugs/problems.

yes i am using inbuilt websocket. server side we are using “Go Lang”, but it doesn’t matter cause when server is off completly, it just study stuck in client side, no we are using socketio any side. if you are not using inbuilt then what you are using can you help me?

Ohk, same happening for cpp-test? If so then i think you should create github issue.

I am using official socket.io cpp client, check here https://github.com/socketio/socket.io-client-cpp

thanks, well we haven’t tried cpp-test. and you are using socketio, and we are using websocket. so do you have any idea for that?

I dont know, wait for others reply as well.
Because there are many folks who uses websocket here.

thanks, if you got anything let me know