Visual Scripting ? ( ex: BluePrints )

Hi,

A while back ago, there was a questionnaire regarding Cocos Creator, and one of the questions, was regarding Visual Scripting for Cocos Creator.…Is this something that the development team will implement in the near future for Cocos Creator? Would appreciate any info regarding this…Thanks and God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Do you mean visual logic editor such as Blueprint for Unreal or Playmaker for Unity?

We do have plan for those but it’s not high priority, still focusing on the stability of the tool and performance optimization for published game.

Hi,

Yes, if you have plans for those, do you think it will be implemented before 2017? Thanks…God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Hi @luke2125, I’m currently working in a visual scripting plugin for Cocos Creator inspired by UE4’s Blueprints and Unity’s Nottorus, it’ll be a FOSS project. Eventually it would be able to generate source code for scripting component behaviors and programing shaders (and everything in between), also it’ll have some debugging capabilities.

I think it’s not going to be ready this year though, so if someone is interested I can give more info about the project so maybe we as a community can pull it off quickly.

At first it might seem difficult but it’s boing to incorporate many of the features already available in a few FOSS visual programing tools available on the web.

Regards.

Hi @rraallvv

Very interesting…can you give more info about the Project? What frameworks, language you are using? Thanks and God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

As I said there are a few projects that can be used for the development of this tool:

• LiteGraph.js used by WebGLStudio, here the graph is rendered entirely on one canvas, with optional WebGL acceleration.

• flow, here the graph is created with each node being a div element in the page, only the connections are render separately, every wire has its own canvas.

• shader-graph, a prototype for the shader graph editor in the Goo Engine.

…and some of the components already built-in in CocosCreator (in particular the scene graph editor and properties inspector).

2 Likes

Thanks for your information. We did need some kind of visual scripting, but has yet need more resource to launch it.

A visual-scripting would be nice to have. I see it also non highly important. But for the future ,CC could get more attention by new users. Results in a bigger community and more games, made by CC.

Really interesting about the “VS-plugin”. If you have some screenshots, maybe you can share them. I am just curious…