Very low FPS on ios device 9.3.5

Hello :slight_smile:
I am new to cocos creator 2 I was away for a while since 1.9, I am testing projects on iPod 5 running ios 9.3.5, (The frist_game starting project tutorial of the cocos creator), I am getting very low fps on this device (3 fps only) and I remember I was getting with this tutorial project (the old version of it) with cocos 1.9 sold 60 fps on the same ios device!
does cocos creator 2.X does not support any 9.X devices anymore?
tho I am getting 60 fps on any version of ios simulator!!

No one have idea what is the minimum iOS version is compatible with CocosCreator 2.1 (but on real devices on only in sim)?

fps is right on other ios version?
only had a low fps on ios 9.3.5?
what tutorial project are you used?

Thank you for replaying :slight_smile:
fps is right on other ios version?
ok if we talking only about the devices the answer is Yes, I have another ios device iPad running ios12 and fps is normal, on sims also everything is normal.

only had a low fps on ios 9.3.5?
Yes it’s on testing device iPod touch 5 and this is maximum update it can receive.

what tutorial project are you used?
I use tutorial on this link witch is in the cocos creator getting started (Make your first game) document
https://github.com/cocos-creator/tutorial-first-game/releases/download/v2.0/start_project.zip
I also try to make just empty project and test it and it’s also stay at very low fps (3 FPS) what so ever

my best guessing could be that cocos creator 2 is not compatible with none metal ios devices!
before in cocos creator 1.9x I had not problems.

found any solution?

In my case i am also getting same issue. on iPhone 6+ i am having FPS issue but else on other devices i am fine.

because of the JavaScriptCore of iOS 9/iPhone6 is not support ArrayBuffer
it need a lots of time to deal with ArrayBuffer,so the apps is preformed poorly on those device.

1 Like