V3+ Prefab editing usability

Hello

I have a little usability suggestion for editing prefabs in Cocos Creator editor. I will use a comparison to Unity editor for clarity.

Open flow:
Unity 1 step

1. In Unity when you need to edit a prefab that is on the scene you can click on this little arrow:

Cocos 3 steps

1. In comparison in Cocos I need to select the prefab:

2. Click on the locate button in the inspector:

3. Find int he project view where it got highlighted (this will open the folder even if you didn’t want to):
    And then open it.

This flow in Cocos is fine when you are editing few prefabs, but when you need to edit a lot of prefabs in a daily basis it gets really annoying.

Close flow
In the close flow Cocos is good already, I like this easy access through the scene view:
But somethims I would like to have access to it trough the Hierarchy as well, like in Unity:

The problem here is the how to open flow and I would like to see improvements on that area, I think that it would mean a better overall experience to everyone using the editor, programmers or not.

Hey @slackmoehrle this is the usability improvements that I mentioned on Discord

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to write this. I’m passing it along via internal chats.

1 Like