Using transparent (builtin) compress texture preset on PNG images cause lose transparency on web pc platform

Hi, i see when using transparent builtin preset to compress texture after build. The texture it request is a jpeg image. Is this a bug?

This is normal, the default configuration is to generate these compressed textures

@tuan243 you need to set the compress texture property to false if you are using the auto atlas, in auto atlas texture settings. that would fix your issue. I have faced the same issue and fixed it in the same way.

Hi, I want to use the compress texutre for my asset. I thought the transparent preset should output the transpent image when the game is on web platform. I see it work on web mobile, it output astc image (have transparent). But in desktop, it output jpg image (no transparent). I thought it should ouput png image (original image is png), even the docs say it.

1 Like

@Koei Hi, any update on this issue?

If you have the option to compress png, it will output a png image, and the runtime will determine which texture to use based on platform support. This is filtered by the SUPPORT_TEXTURE_FORMATS ,

and if you have exported jpg image, then jpg image will be used first.

It still bug me when the builtin preset named transparent but it still prefer jpg over png when I compress png image. I think I will create the custom preset which have no jpg option then

https://docs.cocos.com/creator/manual/en/editor/project/?h=compress

you can refer this.