Using .pvr mipmapped assets in Cocostudio?

Hi, I’m trying to use mipmapped .pvr images in CocoStudio.

I’m using a pvr RGBA8888 converted with PvrTextToolGUI in cocos2d-x like this:

auto butt=Sprite::create(“Butterfly.pvr”);
if( butt )
{
butt->setPosition(size.width + size.width + size.width - 220,size.height/5);
layer2->addChild(butt,8);

// support mipmap filtering
    Texture2D::TexParams texParams = { GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR, GL_LINEAR, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE };
    butt->getTexture()->setTexParameters(texParams);
}

It work nice with non compressed image like RGBA8888 in Cocos2d-x.

I want to use a .plist of .pvr images, created in TexturePacker, and use it inside CocoStudio… but it say “unsupported .plist type” and if I add an individual .pvr image it say “the image is corrupted”.

So my question is, is possible to import mipmapped .pvr images for CocoStudio animations?

I currently wonder about the “unsupported .plist type”.
Which exporter did you use? For CocoStudio you should use the “old” cocos2d exporter.

Mipmaps are a bit dangerous with sprite sheets. You have to use some big values for extrude / padding. Otherweise sprites might bleed into their neighbors.

Thank’s for reply @AndreasLoew,

I’m using “old” cocos2d exporter. I found that CocoStudio doesn’t support .pvr texture files, so I exported to .png and now it work. The problem now is that mipmap is not working in Cocos2d-x.

I’m using:

auto butt1 = (Sprite *)butt->getChildByName(“Wing1”)->getChildByName(“ala1”);

if( butt1 )
{        
    // support mipmap filtering
    Texture2D::TexParams texParams = { GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR, GL_LINEAR, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE };
    butt1->getTexture()->setTexParameters(texParams);
}

The animation work but every sprite is black now.

It’s strange that CocoStudio support .plist with png texture made of .pvr files and not a .pvr texture with .pvr images… isn’t it?

Do you know any other way to get it work?

Thanks in advance.