Upgrading Project - Problems with arm64 architecture

Upgrading Project - Problems with arm64 architecture

Hello,

I’ve been tasked with upgrading one of our old projects built with cocos 2.0.4. I realize this is quite old. I need to build it for iOS only.

I’m trying to build with XCode 9.2 (it was originally built with XCode4 as I understand), but I keep encountering problems with linking.

I have set architectures as follows:

My Other Linker Flags are set as:

My Framework/header/library search paths are all similar to:

I have linked libraries:

As well as compiled sources:

This leads me to errors as below:

What am I missing? How do I build the arm64 architecture?

You are running 2.04 now? Are you planning to upgrade versions at all?

Not unless I have too, the project is quite large and was previously maintained by a team of 5, now its just me (sorry, I realize that isn’t ideal).

I’ve used this: https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/tree/cocos2d-2.0-x-2.0.4

to look for any related documentation.

What’s considered large?

Did it run in iOS previously?

The repo is about 20gb. It did run previously on iOS (I believe using xcode4).

The static libraries you are using are not built for amd64. So you would need to find the source versions of all the a files you are linking with and recompile them.

At a minimum this is true. Good advice.

How could I ensure I make the libraries with arm64? I’ve tried several commands similar to:

xcodebuild -project cocos2dx.xcodeproj -target cocos2dx -sdk iphoneos -configuration Debug clean build

I have confirmed that my cocos project is built with arm64.

I’ve ran the command:
xcodebuild -project cocos2dx.xcodeproj -target cocos2dx -sdk iphoneos -configuration Debug clean build

and then running:
lipo -info build/Debug-iphoneos/libcocos2dx.a

The result is:
Architectures in the fat file: build/Debug-iphoneos/libcocos2dx.a are: armv7 arm64

If I’ve somehow missed a step please let me know. I’m linking this .a file (libcocos2dx.a) to my build in the Link Binaries with Libraries step:

I have built the project with cocos 2.2.6 and now encounter more linkage errors. If I remove arm64 from the valid architectures I instead get the error “symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7”. What am I doing wrong here?

@corytrese are you building v2.x for 64-bit?

I do get:
Architectures in the fat file: build/Debug-iphoneos/libcocos2dx.a are: armv7 arm64

I build arm64 on iOS using XCode. Cocos2d-x v2.2.6 with some changes.

VALID_ARCHS = "arm64 armv7";